Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Gabe says QP2 has bad shoulder......was that ever officially confirmed?
    Matt Entz on post-game show. He said he injured it earlier in the year and re injured during the game. A shoulder is apparently important to a QB

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Matt Entz on post-game show. He said he injured it earlier in the year and re injured during the game. A shoulder is apparently important to a QB
    Wonder if it's from getting tackled running into the line of scrimmage 15 times a game? Glad we haven't gave this coaching staff to much credit just yet. Trey is lucky Matt and Tyler didn't get him killed. Let Kyle do that at least he's getting paid now.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Maybe. Maybe not. Kid has never been good at throwing the ball. God bless him. But he ain't equipped to play QB at a high level. Coaches have tried to mask it but it's pretty obvious at this point.

Maybe he'll get it figured out as a super senior or super duper senior /purple
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Maybe. Maybe not. Kid has never been good at throwing the ball. God bless him. But he ain't equipped to play QB at a high level. Coaches have tried to mask it but it's pretty obvious at this point.

Maybe he'll get it figured out as a super senior or super duper senior /purple
    Same thing was said about Zeb Noland last year

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Gabe says QP2 has bad shoulder......was that ever officially confirmed?
    He took a nasty hit directly to that throwing shoulder from a LB yesterday. Was a little slow to get up after that. If he had a pre-existing injury to that shoulder I would be surprised if that hit did not light it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I'm not necessarily buying that he was that injured. His INT was more of an issue between the earholes than it was an inaccurate pass from what I saw.... way too much indecision. I think this injury is a convenient excuse to start Cam this week and then Entz can play his favorite game the week after this which is "how can I mess with the minds of the SDSU coaching staff?" by making it seem like Quincy may be healthy enough to come back on 11/6.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm not necessarily buying that he was that injured. His INT was more of an issue between the earholes than it was an inaccurate pass from what I saw.... way too much indecision. I think this injury is a convenient excuse to start Cam this week and then Entz can play his favorite game the week after this which is "how can I mess with the minds of the SDSU coaching staff?" by making it seem like Quincy may be healthy enough to come back on 11/6.
    Of course you don't

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    8) Special Teams might be our best squad. Even that opening kickoff Reinholz ran him down like fucking Pat McAfee or something.
    9) Running back by committee continues to not impress but Kobe had some pop in the 2nd half and I still think Williams wants it the most right now. Luepke and Dom are both obviously banged up. No Bus today either?
    10) SDSU lost to UNI. We just gotta finish now. Hopefully with Cam back at the helm and if that doesn't work. BURN PAYTON'S REDSHIRT.
    That was a great save be Rheiny still did our lazy kick off coverage which we have seen in some earlier games almost burn us?

Bus got 1 carry on a counter for no gain and possibly a loss then he was done for the day. Luepke took a hard shot, I had to believe he went into protocol after that but I swear if I see him in the hybrid position one more time I will lose it! Luepke if healthy needs 15-20 carries. Dom goes down on first contact and he isn't breaking it like he did earlier, if Kazor has to sit out games because he pulled his groin on his honeymoon, than sit Dom until that ankle is 100%. If we are doing the committee thing might as well get TK and maybe Goldaddy or Kartes in some reps.
    Luepke, Williams, Gonnella, Bus/Kobe. Speaking of Kobe he had better game but I am starting to wonder about more people on this staff besides TR. I'm not sure Larson is the long term answer at OL Westy Nash and Cordell seem good but not Great Mauch ok and Kubas is meh, why not get the young tackles out their and move Cordell down inside. Bisch isn't really developing the RB room and going full Bisionville here....is Randy still unquestionable after Zeb and QP gotta ask but it seems like some of the decision to roll with those guys has to be on him, still only him and Pauley are the ones I would keep. Tyler... god I hope Idaho fires Petrino' s brother and if they do I personally will buy tickets to Moscow for Tyler to go interview, he can promise to do what Vigen is doing at Mont State... side note...Polasek is about to run himself out of Wyoming and its not even November so maybe he can come back as OL coach. I'd take Messingham back as OC with Polasek as OL... now that would be a major upgrade. Need someone who has more than 1 year experience calling plays at the FCS or FBS level and we need someone who can light a fire under the Rams to pick up a 4th and 2.

QP QP QP.... so maybe he has been hurt but he certainly has regressed. There were some ugly throws yesterday, so ugly I thought the guy was morphing into Springtime Zeb with better calves. He was hesitant and double clutching. He needs to be 1,2..RUN! But he wasn't even ready to do that maybe it was the shoulder. But one thing that makes me think maybe its not all on the coaches is Entz, Cam and Christian said Cam was putting them in the right plays. He "called" the TD pass. Was QP not doing this? Does QP not only have issues running a simple boot play but he can't check them out of bad plays (and our OC calls a lot of "bad plays") like the Sophomore. QP is gifted... I don't really want to move him and if we did I would move him to RB but I think its Miller time. QP should still have a package like SIU uses Williams but he would be better than Williams cause QP can throw deep with accuracy certainly on the sneaks he should be out there.

Miller was really outstanding .. I don't believe there is an entirely different package for him, if there is (like oh lets call some screens) then that's because Quincy can't make the same throws if this is the case than it is time to go with Cam.. Cam runs it well enough that TR should be happy to try it 10 times a game instead of the 20 carries QP was getting. Cam can hit the short and intermediate throws and I can live with that. The playmakers can turn those throws into TDs. The OutNUp was accurate enough although that was pure Watson.

Penalties were ugly yesterday. Its obvious this crew likes to be "involved" in the game and that white hat loves his TV time. I loved the sideline penalty when Entz was yelling at the guy he has the WHOLE white line to run down. Did anyone see if actually did trip or run into someone in the whiteline?

The called back touch down looked legit to me. Babicz needs to know and see that play calls for CW to be on the line. just line up off the line like a slot and he's fine. Instead he gets too close to the line and it looks like he is covered. At least the Illegal formation plays were cutting both ways, its obvious that linesman has a bug up his butt about the helmets being through the centers mid-section. It had to be OL and TEs off, WRs can ask if they are on or off and the guy will tell them.

No problems with the Targeting. Weber needs to use shoulder on a hit like that or get his head in front. Yep it sucks it took him out, it sucks we didn't get the call against UNI but I fully support this rule and think players should still be sent to the locker. Concussions are no joke, neither are broken necks. The safety of the game is why most people don't want their kids to play and we need to take these types of hits out of the game for the good of the game.

Shit talking is part of the game, hell its why most of us are here in Bisonville, Shit talking is the favorite male past time. I don't mind the way Watson gives it back, I think Weber probably takes it most to the edge,We need to be smart that it doesn't cost us a big play on offense or defense. We aren't some SoCon school we are the defending champions of the real FCS football championship like to see us act like it and when these clown teams come in and go JSU rise above it and drive their ass back through the end zone.

Petrino as repugnant a person he is had the Bears ready to go and has a lot of talent there. They got so many FBS guys I consider that to be our FBS win for the year. We didn't play all that well and yet still found a way to win. EWU and Bunnies go down and EKU is going to be SHSUs "big win" we should be slotted #1 seed vs their schedule if we can win out. I think SIU could make a great case they should be #2. Would be great to win the Natty and the outright MWC against the girly dogs in the final.

Damn. I sure hope we can notch a couple W’s this year.

Where do we stand anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

The group with the Lets Go Brandon s sign was halarious.

More hilarious was when the showed durring the sign cam segment. By the cheers it won hands down