Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Cam looks ready to me.

But I don’t know shit about football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    How about moving QP to running back or fullback? Can he catch the rock? And add some plays that will really make that sweet? Might be a win win for QP and for the Bison, as he won’t be playing QB on Sundays.
    Seems he doesn’t particularly care for any sort of contact though?

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    Seems he doesn’t particularly care for any sort of contact though?
    How so? People have been pushing that narrative because he said he’d rather make someone miss rather than run someone over. He spends most of his runs trying to break through tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    How about moving QP to running back or fullback? Can he catch the rock? And add some plays that will really make that sweet? Might be a win win for QP and for the Bison, as he won’t be playing QB on Sundays.
    I thought about that, but we already have good RBs who don’t get enough time on the field.
    It's OK to not be OK.

The play selection with Cam was way better.

Cam played well when the pressure was on.

I wish we would play our big backs more.

Thing I was most happy about. Defense taking down their quarterback numerous times after he talked trash to out team on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Happy for Cam, he took responsibility for his play in the loss to Sam Houston in the spring.
    Bville was pretty hard on him after that loss too. Not big enough, doesn’t have the arm etc...etc... to be the Bison QB.
    He was exactly what we needed today!
    He was phenomenal today and has improved immensely

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Those were largely Gabe’s comments/“observations”.
    No buddy. Everyone said Cam wasn't ready last year. I said he was put into an impossible situation as a Freshman and was too undersized and wasn't a threat to run and needed a few years in the weight room.

He is still undersized, not a running threat and has an average arm.. But he's improved enough to where it looks like we can win with him

I still believe Cole Payton and QP2 are the future

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Gabe---QP should be a lot further along than he is. Not only execution but the playbook as well.
    Cam didn't play until the last 3 games last year and he wasn't ready. He looked like a true Freshman. Today he looked fabulous

So Quincy should be about as far along as Cam was last year in week 7

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    Our #1 on offense or defense? We have double numbers there and they both play. I didn't see that on the broadcast. Our #4 Braswell is always flirting with personal foul penalties but I haven't noticed it from #1.
    Complete asshat. He will be in trouble soon. Watch the papers for someone who acts like that.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Its gotta be Miller time, passing game is so much better with him in. QP just doesnt see the field or read the defense pre & post snap well. We can use his legs with some packages. Miller showed glimpses in spring and was only a true frosh. Him in there will help free up our backs too. Starting him vs Indiana State is a great opportunity. I love our QB room.

Defense started to dominate halfway through the 3rd after some poor tackling and closing the edge earlier. Guys, this team is loaded with barely any weaknesses, offense may finally click more.

This offense doesn’t run without the intermediate pass game.

That makes this an easy decision IMO.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was incredibly disappointed in both Zeb and Cam in the spring. Because of that, I've been biased to see mostly good in QP. Unfortunately, he hasn't really gotten better and now there's enough tape on him that defenses can stuff him and frustrate him and he'll look like he did today. Just awful. I was wrong.

That said, that first out that he threw made my heart drop. Reminded me of how I felt every fucking time that Brock threw it. (I don't know how the hell that only cost us one game...) Cam needs to work on that throw...a lot. A whole lot, or that's going to be the next thing you guys are all going to be bitching about. Other than that, he looked really good. In the spring, he had happy feet and when he was running, he just ran into a lineman and bounced off most of the time. He still looks a little funny running (really fast baby steps) but much better. Like other said, pretty damn good pocket movement and his medium range balls were great.

I'm in. It's Miller Time.
    Insert something clever here...