Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    Exactly! thomas and buetow are grad transfers, from what i have heard the rest will be back
    God you're moron.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    He took a nasty hit directly to that throwing shoulder from a LB yesterday. Was a little slow to get up after that. If he had a pre-existing injury to that shoulder I would be surprised if that hit did not light it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2 hits directly on that shoulder, but he also lowered it to give a hit while he was going oob after. Hard to know 4 sure.

If I recall skeletor made a kinda snarkey post game comment something something qp3 can throw a nice long ball and run.... The undertone meaning thats all he can do and good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Has he shown the ability to throw?
    Fixed that for you

Another reason to start Cam besides looking better is we have Indiana State coming up then SDSU. I doubt QP would play bad enough to get benched after Indiana State. Id rather have Cam as starter heading into SDSU than QP.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Seems like MO State plan coming into the Fargo was . . .
    1) Start Fast (check)
    2) Talk shit to rile up the bison (check)
    3) Get in our heads including Entz, to cause lots of penalties. (check)

Had to be a entertaining game for Petrino, he hit on a lot of what he was trying to accomplish. Seeing a pissy Entz in the presser afterward had to be the icing on the cake. Wise up NDSU, you are better than that, pure entertainment for Petrino.

Most of the coaches in the MVFC aren't going to outgame you with intelligence (Spack, Farley), but Bobby Petrino's a different guy. He's going after you mentally. Entz was an easy target. Guys like Stig have integrity and don't coach the kind of stuff Petrino does. Petrino's integrity? Well . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Guys like Stig have integrity
    Yeah Johnny “Two Drink Minimum” Stig is a classy act… love ya Herd but Holy nutmeg that is some funny shit.

It might have been discussed already and I missed it, but I do believe the targeting call on Weber was the correct call. Yes, I know there has been some wrong calls on this penalty this year. The biggest problem I have with the penalty is the time a players is ejected. Weber was ejected around 12-13 minutes left in 3rd quarter. He now gets to sit out the first half of next weeks game. That is almost a whole game penalty. If he would have been ejected with 1:00 left in the game or first half it would only be like a 31 minute penalty. There needs to be a change in the enforcement. Big difference in 31 minutes and 58 minutes for a penalty.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Seems like MO State plan coming into the Fargo was . . .
    1) Start Fast (check)
    2) Talk shit to rile up the bison (check)
    3) Get in our heads including Entz, to cause lots of penalties. (check)

Had to be a entertaining game for Petrino, he hit on a lot of what he was trying to accomplish. Seeing a pissy Entz in the presser afterward had to be the icing on the cake. Wise up NDSU, you are better than that, pure entertainment for Petrino.

Most of the coaches in the MVFC aren't going to outgame you with intelligence (Spack, Farley), but Bobby Petrino's a different guy. He's going after you mentally. Entz was an easy target. Guys like Stig have integrity and don't coach the kind of stuff Petrino does. Petrino's integrity? Well . . .
    We talk shit against everybody so it isn't any special ingredient that Petrino cooked up specifically for the Bison. Petrino's teams have always had that edge at Louisville, at Western Kentucky, Arkansas, Louisville the first time, and hell even going back to his days at Carroll College in Montana. Bob Sr.'s teams had an edge and so do Paul Petrino's teams. Runs in the family. So does winning football oddly enough. The integrity stuff is kind of low-hanging fruit. If you knew the Petrinos, you would see that he is a good man who made a mistake. I have made many mistakes in my life and have been blessed with second chances as well.

Since you brought up Stiegelmeier, I ran into him at a Missouri high school football game once and he was a real nice man. I agree with you that he has integrity and is a gentleman, but I wouldn't make that point at the expense of Bobby Petrino. Off my soapbox now, good luck against the Trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    It might have been discussed already and I missed it, but I do believe the targeting call on Weber was the correct call. Yes, I know there has been some wrong calls on this penalty this year. The biggest problem I have with the penalty is the time a players is ejected. Weber was ejected around 12-13 minutes left in 3rd quarter. He now gets to sit out the first half of next weeks game. That is almost a whole game penalty. If he would have been ejected with 1:00 left in the game or first half it would only be like a 31 minute penalty. There needs to be a change in the enforcement. Big difference in 31 minutes and 58 minutes for a penalty.
    Yeah good point. Perhaps it should be in terms of game minutes.

I have no problem with that call either taken by itself. Where I do have a problem is when you compare this one to the “missed” one the week before against Watson. I don’t understand how they could (IMHO) whiff that one so badly and with the benefit of review to boot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    We talk shit against everybody so it isn't any special ingredient that Petrino cooked up specifically for the Bison. Petrino's teams have always had that edge at Louisville, at Western Kentucky, Arkansas, Louisville the first time, and hell even going back to his days at Carroll College in Montana. Bob Sr.'s teams had an edge and so do Paul Petrino's teams. Runs in the family. So does winning football oddly enough. The integrity stuff is kind of low-hanging fruit. If you knew the Petrinos, you would see that he is a good man who made a mistake. I have made many mistakes in my life and have been blessed with second chances as well.

Since you brought up Stiegelmeier, I ran into him at a Missouri high school football game once and he was a real nice man. I agree with you that he has integrity and is a gentleman, but I wouldn't make that point at the expense of Bobby Petrino. Off my soapbox now, good luck against the Trees.

As for Stig when I make a mistake doing my taxes I might forget to carry a digit in addition, when he makes a mistake doing his taxes is drunk drives his car into the ditch.