Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

First off, I agree 100% with Cas on the running back situation, everything.

Secondly, Cam looked good out there, but let's not crown him the savior yet. A lot of QBs, when asked to step in middle of a game, are fueled with mental adrenaline that cannot be explained, but for some reason they always come out firing. But Cam has trouble with long balls, like many have alluded to here on BV, I noticed that immediately in the spring when he had trouble hitting Watson in stride and it may have cost a few TDs...but QP has trouble with the short game, as many have also mentioned. Who do you go with? It's a tough one.

And finally, Caoch Roehl needs to be demoted. I've been telling myself to give the guy a chance to mature in his play calling AND play designs, but IMO, I have seen enough now to know he's not going to change.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    QP is not a progression passer. If his first read isn't there, he panics and you can see it with his movement in the pocket.
    That pocket movement was pure Tom Brady on the tying score.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    And finally, Caoch Roehl needs to be demoted. I've been telling myself to give the guy a chance to mature in his play calling AND play designs, but IMO, I have seen enough now to know he's not going to change.
    NDSU is 30-3 in games in which Roehl has called games as offensive coordinator. That is all.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

First off, I agree 100% with Cas on the running back situation, everything.

Secondly, Cam looked good out there, but let's not crown him the savior yet. A lot of QBs, when asked to step in middle of a game, are fueled with mental adrenaline that cannot be explained, but for some reason they always come out firing. But Cam has trouble with long balls, like many have alluded to here on BV, I noticed that immediately in the spring when he had trouble hitting Watson in stride and it may have cost a few TDs...but QP has trouble with the short game, as many have also mentioned. Who do you go with? It's a tough one.

I think you go with the short/intermediate guy that can sustain drives. Watching us go 3 and out or get a 70 yard TD play is exciting at times, but it does nothing to help our defense get some rest.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    NDSU is 30-3 in games in which Roehl has called games as offensive coordinator. That is all.
    And he runs the qb so much that he's hurt now. Maybe Tyler should drink two cups of coffee before the game. He's not a player anymore so he can. He seemed to get an adrenaline rush with Cam coming in too. How many fbs wins in those 30 wins?

Lardsin must go!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I think you go with the short/intermediate guy that can sustain drives. Watching us go 3 and out or get a 70 yard TD play is exciting at times, but it does nothing to help our defense get some rest.
    Good point. But then we also have to think about the running game with our QBs...

Good point. But then we also have to think about the running game with our QBs...
    Getting those medium passes dialed in will get the LB's off the line and let the running game open up. Right now everyone has seen QP sail almost everything so a qb who can hit a slant pattern in the numbers is a huge asset.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    That pocket movement was pure Tom Brady on the tying score.
    Yep, also on Cam,s TD throw to Sproles he felt the pressure from the outside and stepped up in the pocket to throw. QP hasn’t show the ability to move in the pocket. When he moves he is taking off running.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep, also on Cam,s TD throw to Sproles he felt the pressure from the outside and stepped up in the pocket to throw. QP hasn’t show the ability to move in the pocket. When he moves he is taking off running.
    This is why I would like to see QP rolling out more.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was glad when they rolled him out to the Bench....
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!