Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The emotion in his voice seems genuine and really captured the vibe of being there in the moment
    I thought he was going to shit his pants a couple of times.
    Insert something clever here...

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I thought he was going to shit his pants a couple of times.
    Good for him. That's a good batch.

Lardsin must go!

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thing is with Cam he’s going to throw some picks but would you rather have a qb force passes knowing our Wrs are better than their dbs or just have the ability slam his head into the line. I’d rather have a qb that gives our wrs a chance.

Quincy is mind fucked, maybe Tyler did that to him. but its there & that's the reason for himself even second guessing himself. He's not bending when he throws and sailing it..

if both QBS can run pretty much the same

then you start the one that can throw... else teams will stack the box on Quincy from now on like MSU, und did.

I'm not sold on Cam either, but you gotta start him now.

(I almost think Cole would be just as good too as he is a better passer than both of them)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I think Quincy should still be a part if the offense. Sure, teams will know we are bringing him in to run, but he is still a tough guy to get down.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Quincy is mind fucked, maybe Tyler did that to him. but its there & that's the reason for himself even second guessing himself. He's not bending when he throws and sailing it..

then you start the one that can throw... else teams will stack the box on Quincy from now on like MSU, und did.

(I almost think Cole would be just as good too as he is a better passer than both of them)
    Teams will adjust. We still didn't see a redzone TD pass today. Cam looks more complete than Quincy but may not have the same upside

We need to get back to using our running backs. Once again, the top 2 rushers were 2 QBs. Otherwise we've lost our identity through Roehl. Might as well just be like Eastern Washington and get a big fluffy defense

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Tua Tungailoa part 2. It wont be long before team teams start planning for Cam and shut him down. There is a good chance that QP might enter the transfer portal like Colonel Zeb. We may be going back to the pre 2011 days.

Credit to both teams and coaches today. It was fun football to watch. MSU talent level has come a long way in a very short time. Their LBs 5 and 10 were studs. Our RBs and even lineman/TEs had trouble with their physicality. Their LB and secondary had some big hits too especially the one on Luepke in front of our bench. I liked their play on 4 and 1 with the TE delayed throw back design.

They also used their TE and motion to maneuver into trap blocks especially in the first half and I feel we could do more of this as we used to do it. I think our run game has really been missing a dominating FB. We used to be able to lead with our FB on either a DE or LB and win that battle and it allowed us to get 3-5 yards per run instead of the 1-2 we get too often on 1 or 2 down. With the supposed depth and talent at TE, let one of them take some reps at FB. Remember how awesome Andre Bonnet was at this role blocking and then catching passes out of the backfield with his flo and hurdling ability? Pull out the tape from 14/15 and repeat.

Watson can be so dominating at times. He just has a high level of talent and can make big plays with his speed. I would not want to be a DB and have to cover him 1 on 1. He can stretch the field so easily and it gives our offense the ability to score on any play from anywhere on the field. I would like to see some of our other WRs get involved with short passes like slants and crossing routes to get the ball in stride and get more yards after the catch.

Overall, true team effort today. Lots of different players made plays in all 3 phases of the game. Reinholtz went all out to make the tackle on the opening kickoff and then made all his FGs and had solid kickoffs. Cam Miller earned a lot of respect from me today. He came in and led this team to a come from behind win. Cam has been working hard to get better and both he and Quincy Patterson need to continue to push each other to get better in order to make a deep run this postseason.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

QP’s problem is he drops into his spot in the pocket and doesn’t seem to have the ability to step up or slide right or left to make a throw. If he leaves his spot he is taking off running. Fundamentally flawed?

Not going to drop names, but the coaches need the reign in the attitude on some of the players. Instill an aura of confidence in them that shines through a spirit of humility. The cockiness is clouding their game and leading to needless penalties.