Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    NDSU players need taunting training so we can get back to the days of mind fucking teams like they did with GSU and their man bear pig.
    I like the days where all 11 guys were so busy running to the ball on every play that they didn’t have time to stop and taunt
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

I've looked at all five regular season losses since the start of the 2011 season:

2011 Youngstown State
    2012 Indiana State
    2015 South Dakota
    2016 South Dakota State
    2020 South Dakota State

What do they have in common? They were non-named conference home games (not Homecoming, not Harvest Bowl, not Trees Bowls.) Solution: We have to come up with more named games because I think these mid-to-late season unnamed home games might as well be called "The Admiral 'It's a Trap' Ackbowl... and I can't believe that hasn't caught on, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by 16>1 View Post
    I like the days where all 11 guys were so busy running to the ball on every play that they didn’t have time to stop and taunt
    Naw, GSU and man bear pig were being attacked with full on psychological warfare, it was just subtle.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I've looked at all five regular season losses since the start of the 2011 season:

2011 Youngstown State
    2012 Indiana State
    2015 South Dakota
    2016 South Dakota State
    2020 South Dakota State

What do they have in common? They were non-named conference home games (not Homecoming, not Harvest Bowl, not Trees Bowls.) Solution: We have to come up with more named games because I think these mid-to-late season unnamed home games might as well be called "The Admiral 'It's a Trap' Ackbowl... and I can't believe that hasn't caught on, btw.
    Also 2017 SDSU. Fucking hell I hate the bunnies.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Marker game no longer going to be lit AF. Take care of business in Brookings and be at home throughout the playoffs.
    The marker game is going to be a lot tougher to win. SDSU will have their backs to the wall and cannot afford to loose.

We will have a little more wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    QP2 needs to get healthy first and take next week off. We need him vs SDSU. We've ran him so much I'm surprised he lasted this long. A throwing shoulder is kind of a big deal for a QB
    Originally posted by HERDBOT in after UND game thread: It's the same game plan we we beat SDSU and James Madison with in 2019 dumb ass. We won both of those remember? UND at their house is not Valpo

What?? Are you not the person who was saying a few weeks back our recipe for success is running the QB 15-20 times?

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    The marker game is going to be a lot tougher to win. SDSU will have their backs to the wall and cannot afford to loose.

We will have a little more wiggle room.
    Agree it’s still going to be very tough. Talking both teams not ranked top 3-4 like everyone expected so not as much hype. Seeing they’re offense struggle yesterday and our defense yesterday I feel a LOT better about our chances, still about a 50-50 game though.

Quote Originally Posted by DAS BISON View Post
    Originally posted by HERDBOT in after UND game thread: It's the same game plan we we beat SDSU and James Madison with in 2019 dumb ass. We won both of those remember? UND at their house is not Valpo

What?? Are you not the person who was saying a few weeks back our recipe for success is running the QB 15-20 times?
    He's enamored with the idea of QP being Vince Young
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Yes he is, but you're not placing the credit where it's due...the defense. Next year when the Bison lose virtually every single impact player on defense, the offense is going to have to score 40 points a game, and I don't see that happening, IMO. Normally, next man up mentality sets in, but by looking at the depth chart and with Entz's recruiting as of late (before this year) I see a bit of bleakness for the Bison in the foreseeable future, IMO.
    I look at it as how many points were left off the board due to Roehl's plays...glass half empty. Sorry.
    You are suck a fucking idiot! can you not read? We have a young defense, our offense is the problem! who is it that we lose that will make us depleted?

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Cam had the benefit of running a completely different offense than Quincy today and caught the defense by surprise. He obviously had a deeper knowledge of the offense since he's been here longer.

Next week the D-Coordinator will prepare differently .

I don't think he's the long term answer but he played admirably. I would definitely play both of them until Quincy can get the short passing game going. Cam can't throw deep or run like Quincy but Quincy can't run the short game as good as Cam

But rest QP2 vs Indiana State and allow that shoulder to heal. We need them both

QP2 still has way bigger upside but it will take time
    Maybe chill on the Quincy cool aid--

What I've seen---
    good runner---some speed---runs hard in contact
    good arm strength----bad reading coverages and getting to 2nd and 3rd progressions---- slow at making decisions
    i really doubt that he can START for two years at NDSU-----and highly doubt NFL
    character wise---he seems like a great kid and a good teammate
    coaches have been trying to help him be successful (win games) by playing to his strengths

Of course I'm excited for the future at QB----COLE PAYTON