Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    NDSU is 30-3 in games in which Roehl has called games as offensive coordinator. That is all.
    Yes he is, but you're not placing the credit where it's due...the defense. Next year when the Bison lose virtually every single impact player on defense, the offense is going to have to score 40 points a game, and I don't see that happening, IMO. Normally, next man up mentality sets in, but by looking at the depth chart and with Entz's recruiting as of late (before this year) I see a bit of bleakness for the Bison in the foreseeable future, IMO.
    I look at it as how many points were left off the board due to Roehl's plays...glass half empty. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

O ran much more smoothly with Miller. Most of you likely don’t realize this, but just the simple, basic steps and timing can allow O to run more smoothly and proficiently.

Also, the long throw by Miller to Watson on sideline was bette than most think—there was a safety coming over the top that could have picked a longer ball.

My thoughts exactly on that throw. Announcers were talking about it being underthrown, but it pretty much had to be where it was. I'm not enough of a football mind to know, but the timing being more smooth makes perfect sense to me. I've noticed several plays this year that just had a weird herky, jerky look to them. Like someone's timing was just a little off. CAS has the football knowledge that I don't to pin point the problem.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After yesterday's 4th quarter and the immediate change to the play calling should give everyone pause. I was wondering is it the players or the coaches. My opinion is that QP does not pose a credible passing threat yet for way too many reasons, many of which would make any OC reluctant to go too deep in the playbook. Until he gains some pocket presence and consistency/touch in the short and intermediate passing game we need to go with Cam. And can someone buy Entz a copy of "How Not To Be A Meat Head For Dummies". I seriously shutter every time someone puts a microphone in front of him now.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Anyone who knows football already knows Cam needs to start. However, QP2 is still a weapon to be used. They get a first an goal on the 1, I'd absolutely sent in QP2.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Anyone who knows football already knows Cam needs to start. However, QP2 is still a weapon to be used. They get a first an goal on the 1, I'd absolutely sent in QP2.
    QP2 needs to get healthy first and take next week off. We need him vs SDSU. We've ran him so much I'm surprised he lasted this long. A throwing shoulder is kind of a big deal for a QB

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    QP2 needs to get healthy first and take next week off. We need him vs SDSU. We've ran him so much I'm surprised he lasted this long. A throwing shoulder is kind of a big deal for a QB
    Quincy should not play AT SDSU. it's gonna be cold & outside so SDSU will put 8-9 in the box. we GOTTA have a passing threat
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 02Bison View Post
    Not going to drop names, but the coaches need the reign in the attitude on some of the players. Instill an aura of confidence in them that shines through a spirit of humility. The cockiness is clouding their game and leading to needless penalties.
    no no. we gotta let them play with Bravado......
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    This is why I would like to see QP rolling out more.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Has he shown the ability to throw on the run?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Quincy should not play AT SDSU. it's gonna be cold & outside so SDSU will put 8-9 in the box. we GOTTA have a passing threat
    Cold makes it slightly harder to pass, kick and punt. An NFL study once said its about 2% less accurate passing and kicks and punts were 2 to 3 yards shorter

Well probably need to throw less and run more. Probably more play action

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Now that would be a poor move. Then there is zero chance of a pass, at least one that would be completed.