Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Just checking into Bisonville now…figured it might be best to wait it out a bit. Just a few thoughts. First off, credit to MoSt. There are some tremendous athletes on that team, team looked confident and came ready to play. Cam Miller, love what he did coming in off the bench late in the game. Does QP make those same throws to Watson on the sideline/end zone, where he just let him go up and make a play on the ball? I don’t think so. Nice to see Phoenix get one yesterday, maybe he’s as close to healthy as he has been for over a year. Gotta cut down on preventable penalties. Waaaaaay too many!!! Also, look around college football yesterday. A lot of teams lost games against teams that on paper they probably should’ve beaten. Glad the NDSU Bison weren’t one of them. They found a way to win another game. Incredible.

Moving forward. I don’t think we have a very healthy RB room right now. Something is going on. Is it line play, RB health, play calling, stacked boxes? Gotta see improvement there. Does Cam Miller start against the Trees? QP maybe has a shoulder thing per the post game radio?

Anyway, super stressful game but fun. Special teams and defense continue to impress.

7-0! Go Bison!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

I know MSU had a bunch of transfers....it seemed like they had 18 Seniors playing. I wonder how many of them will be gone next year vs. "COVID Seniors" where they still actually have eligibility left? I know NDSU is listing years with the assumption of counting last spring and has said they'll deal with that question later as they have discussions with individual players. Not sure how MSU is looking at it.

If they are all truly Seniors, they're either going to have a huge dropoff or need to bring in another huge bunch of transfers.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was announced on tv they had 30 fbs transfers, most of which were starting yesterday. Not sure how many will graduate but my guess is they will bring in more transfers until Patrino is hired away.

Yesterday's game felt more like a championship game than a conference game.
    A human fart can be louder THAN A TUBA, I discovered that at my daughters school concert.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Bison View Post
    Not going to drop names, but the coaches need the reign in the attitude on some of the players. Instill an aura of confidence in them that shines through a spirit of humility. The cockiness is clouding their game and leading to needless penalties.
    David Braun kinda referenced it in the pregame interview. He said guys need to be filled with confidence instead of spouting out unfounded bravado. There’s absolutely a difference
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I've seen some comments on here of people giving TR some slack after yesterday's game and I don't agree with that mindset. CM only got into the game because QP got hurt. It was obvious to me that the O had some extra energy once CM came into the game, you could see and feel it. The play calling was also much improved once CM came in from what we have seen this year. That being the case, if our #2 allows us a bigger playbook, why is he not the one starting? I assume it is TR who makes the call on the starting QB. And yes I understand we may not have our low percentage deep ball with CM, but we get a whole lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Ugh, I felt like it was awful to listen to. WAY over the top with everything. Luckily Kyle is pretty even keeled. Plus Destiny, or is it Sinamon, or Kitty, or Lisa...you know, the sideline blondie.
    I agree with HerdBot. I think he was great. I did not miss the 1660 call at all. Pretty sure that guy was the fourth member of the broadcast team in the first one or two games. He added sideline analysis at that time.

The blonde JMU kid is getting much better. She is still a work in progress but she is getting better and more confident. Might be ready for prime time by the end of the season.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    The refs in the Valley this year have been fucking awful. Apparently COVID cost them to lose all competence.
    IMO the Valley refs have never had any competence. Just sayin..

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The post game 1660 comments from the commenters are effing exhausting. They are talking about Sproles feeling relieved to finally catch a TD. Really?? It was the first pass that was actually catchable for him to do so.
    Yeah, Phoenix has been open a lot but has not been getting targets - at least not catchable ones.

Given how fandom works, I'm sure that some people have been claiming that Jasir has been playing poorly... but he's been a big play guy out there.

How lucky are NDSU fans to have Christian Watson on their favorite team? Montrae Braswell did not have a prayer of covering him without interference (not that it'd get called) and/or help. Speaking of which, I am really disturbed by the number of times coaches get the ref to kowtow to their lobbying - like Coach Road Rash did on the illegal man downfield call that robbed CW of a TD. It was not as bad as the ridiculous chop block call from a few years back, but still.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Wopbison View Post
    I've seen some comments on here of people giving TR some slack after yesterday's game and I don't agree with that mindset. CM only got into the game because QP got hurt. It was obvious to me that the O had some extra energy once CM came into the game, you could see and feel it. The play calling was also much improved once CM came in from what we have seen this year. That being the case, if our #2 allows us a bigger playbook, why is he not the one starting? I assume it is TR who makes the call on the starting QB. And yes I understand we may not have our low percentage deep ball with CM, but we get a whole lot more.
    Don’t put this all on TR on who makes the call on the QB. Hedberg who we all have deemed is fantastic is the passing game coordinating and QBS coach snd I guarantee he has a vote along with TR but ultimately it is the head coach’s call.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

NDSU players need taunting training so we can get back to the days of mind fucking teams like they did with GSU and their man bear pig.