Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    How many times did we run Delta, roll Quincy out, throw short passes in the flat or do things like TE screens with Quincy? How about the throw back play to Sproles?

Zero.

But if we wouldn't have had a long bomb TD called back due to a lineman 5 yards down the field, this game could have played our differently
    Maybe those things just aren't in QPs wheel house.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

How many times did we run Delta, roll Quincy out, throw short passes in the flat or do things like TE screens with Quincy? How about the throw back play to Sproles?

Zero.

But if we wouldn't have had a long bomb TD called back due to a lineman 5 yards down the field, this game could have played our differently
    To me it looks like we don't run certain plays with him because they don't have confidence he can execute. He just doesn't seem to have "it". Cam looks like a QB. The game changed completely with him in there.

I suspect they'll play Cam and then have "packages" for QP.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Did you see Cams first pass? The pocket presence? QP would have run that bitch right into the centers ass. Phil has been saying Quincy can't pass for 3 weeks. Developing a qb is what ndsu does. We don't need no transfer.
    That was a great play. But Quincy is a 3 year player so we can develop a transfer

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    To me it looks like we don't run certain plays with him because they don't have confidence he can execute. He just doesn't seem to have "it". Cam looks like a QB. The game changed completely with him in there.

I suspect they'll play Cam and then have "packages" for QP.
    That I will agree with but I think it's because Cam is deeper in the playbook

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Zero.

Holy Eff. Just go lay by your dish, Gabe. You have this all wrong.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Your defense of refs is getting old. I appreciate you, but come on already.
    I said nothing about the refs. I'm speaking shit player behavior and answering his question about how a defender is supposed to predict what a runner will do. Targeting calls have been inconsistent this year. That's a separate issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    you keep saying that but the rule doesn't seem to be changing any behavior....and it's negatively impacting the game
    We've been told the number of targeting fouls has gone down so there is some change in behavior. How much I don't know. All of today's players have had some form of targeting for most of their high school and college careers. The HS rule is different but similar enough it's addressing the same behavior. Keep hitting like that and you will risk committing targeting.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No offense to Cam Miller but Christian Watson was the player of that game. Two ridiculously good catches on the game winning TD drive. Kudos to Cam for doing what should've been done all year which is throw to #1 if he's in single coverage no matter how tight the coverage is. Loved the call on the screen pass to Gindorff as well. Need more of both of those going forward. Would really like to see #81 get some chances against 1-on-1 coverage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) POTG split between Cam Miller Time and Jasir Cox. Way to step up boys.
    2) Phoenix Sproles was not invisible today. He earned that NIL money.
    3) Christian Watson seemed happiest about the QB change. Huge game. Clutch, clutch, clutch. Too bad that deep TD was called back. That's the one pass that QP was reliable for.
    4) Shout out to QP. Runs pretty hard, is a gamer, but that completion rate isn't going to cut it in our offense.
    5) TR gets some slack. He opened the book up the second the QB change hit. I liked the mix, even the QB runs.
    6) Defense was solid. That was not an easy task to adjust and dominate like they did. How about that last MSU drive? Misery loves company.
    7) Rep points to whoever gets me an image of Entz pulling out a blank notebook and looking at it. We're going to meme that to the meme moon. Lulz will be had, promise bros.
    8) Special Teams might be our best squad. Even that opening kickoff Reinholz ran him down like fucking Pat McAfee or something.
    9) Running back by committee continues to not impress but Kobe had some pop in the 2nd half and I still think Williams wants it the most right now. Luepke and Dom are both obviously banged up. No Bus today either?
    10) SDSU lost to UNI. We just gotta finish now. Hopefully with Cam back at the helm and if that doesn't work. BURN PAYTON'S REDSHIRT.
    How about moving QP to running back or fullback? Can he catch the rock? And add some plays that will really make that sweet? Might be a win win for QP and for the Bison, as he won’t be playing QB on Sundays.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Holy Eff. Just go lay by your dish, Gabe. You have this all wrong.
    If you cant see that the playbook runs deeper with Cam, I don't know what to say other than stick to defense Cas.

I will even go as far as saying we need to play both QBs in some capacity until Quincy can get deeper in the playbook.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

If you cant see that the playbook runs deeper with Cam, I don't know what to say other than stick to defense Cas.

I will even go as far as saying we need to play both QBs in some capacity until Quincy can get deeper in the playbook.
    So Quincy has learned 3 plays in what 6 to 8 months? Time to move on if that's the case. Read your own post again. I saw quarterback play in the 4th quarter. Like a real qb not just a cheap wildcat with one trick. Come on.

Ask yourself why the playbook runs deeper? He almost lost Tyler his job

Lardsin must go!