Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Cam had the benefit of running a completely different offense than Quincy today and caught the defense by surprise. He obviously had a deeper knowledge of the offense since he's been here longer.

Next week the D-Coordinator will prepare differently .

I don't think he's the long term answer but he played admirably. I would definitely play both of them until Quincy can get the short passing game going. But rest QP2 vs Indiana State and allow that shoulder to heal. QP2 still has way bigger upside but it will take time
    Did you see Cams first pass? The pocket presence? QP would have run that bitch right into the centers ass. Phil has been saying Quincy can't pass for 3 weeks. Developing a qb is what ndsu does. We don't need no transfer.

Lardsin must go!

Cam had the benefit of running a completely different offense than Quincy today and caught the defense by surprise. He obviously had a deeper knowledge of the offense since he's been here longer.

I don't think he's the long term answer but he played admirably. I would definitely play both of them until Quincy can get the short passing game going. Cam can't throw deep or run like Quincy but Quincy can't run the short game as good as Cam

But rest QP2 vs Indiana State and allow that shoulder to heal. We need them both

QP2 still has way bigger upside but it will take time
    ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS? Why didn’t QP have the same offense?

This is just a non-sense post on many levels.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah, I've been giving QP the benefit of the doubt since his upside seems to be so high but frankly, he has regressed significantly over the last couple or three games. It was time to make a change. It was interesting to see the other players' reaction to the new blood coming in. It was very noticeable.
    Insert something clever here...

I don't think he's the long term answer but he played admirably. I would definitely play both of them until Quincy can get the short passing game going. Cam can't throw deep or run like Quincy but Quincy can't run the short game as good as Cam

But rest QP2 vs Indiana State and allow that shoulder to heal. We need them both

QP2 still has way bigger upside but it will take time
    What was different, did they stop calling 3 foot over the WR passes?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Now in addition to everyone begging for pass interference every other play, now every play is an argument about targeting. It's so frustrating....they need to do something with that rule. Feel bad for #2. Yes, it was a penalty. No, the rule won't stop it from happening again. People don't realize how fast the game moves. If defenders could choose exactly where/how they hit oponents, they would never miss any tackles.

I thought the penalty on our WR was crazy, they could have called taunting on them after just about every play. Strange to pick out that one, especially at a crucial time late in the game.
    If they would focus more on tackling rather than hitting they are much less likely to be guilty of targeting. Once they lower their head they lose sight of what they are hitting and that gets them in trouble. The D3/NAIA guys get it better. I can't remember the last time we had a targeting foul in our game. Probably at least 3-4 years.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Yeah, I've been giving QP the benefit of the doubt since his upside seems to be so high but frankly, he has regressed significantly over the last couple or three games. It was time to make a change. It was interesting to see the other players' reaction to the new blood coming in. It was very noticeable.
    I don’t know, other than the continued red zone issues I thought the offense looked better last week than it had all year to that point.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Kid is Brandon Wimbush Lite from ND a few years back. Throws the occasional dime and can run pretty well but ain't isn't a real dual threat
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If they would focus more on tackling rather than hitting they are much less likely to be guilty of targeting. Once they lower their head they lose sight of what they are hitting and that gets them in trouble. The D3/NAIA guys get it better. I can't remember the last time we had a targeting foul in our game. Probably at least 3-4 years.

Your defense of refs is getting old. I appreciate you, but come on already.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

you keep saying that but the rule doesn't seem to be changing any behavior....and it's negatively impacting the game
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS? Why didn’t QP have the same offense?

This is just a non-sense post on many levels.
    How many times did we run Delta, roll Quincy out, throw short passes in the flat or do things like TE screens with Quincy? How about the throw back play to Sproles?

Zero.

But if we wouldn't have had a long bomb TD called back due to a lineman 5 yards down the field, this game could have played our differently

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com