Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Um, well, she IS a rookie after all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    no she's not. if by rookie you mean first year at NDSU? Otherwise, no

BisManBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    They would have done it with more sophistication and intelligence, as opposed to, Is Cam the starter next week?
    Why dance around the issue? I like a direct question in that situation. And if Entz went into the post game presser not prepared to answer that question well shame on him. Just one more indicator he may be in over his head and not able to handle adversity. Calling timeouts to just yell/complain to officials is another major red flag. We fans have complaining about calls more than covered. He lost his composure during the game and so did the team. Thank God Petrino did the ol hold my beer trick.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    They would have done it with more sophistication and intelligence, as opposed to, Is Cam the starter next week?
    She might have said----Considering Cams game winning performance of two clutch TDs is there a chance he moves up the depth chart?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Entz was a pretty big dick in his response. Gets paid what 100k for media. Literally being paid to be well spoken and diplomatic. Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Entz was a pretty big dick in his response. Gets paid what 100k for media. Literally being paid to be well spoken and diplomatic. Fail
    Hes a douche lol.
    College of Business Alumnus

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think we're seeing the effects of how NDSU football/athletics is the clear #1 sports attraction in Fargo and it makes the media (not just 1660) afraid to butt heads with the NDSU football talking heads because they're worried they'll get frozen out if they ruffle too many feathers. I recall reading similar things about most P5 college towns being in non-professional sports cities and the media uses kid gloves because of it with those P5 college programs because they've got nothing else to fall back on. For instance, you won't see sports media in Tuscaloosa hammering the Tide like the sports media in the Twin Cities hammers the Goophers.

So what questions should WDAY be asking... that are real questions that would get real answers?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    So what questions should WDAY be asking... that are real questions that would get real answers?
    In some cases I don't think it's getting real answers but it's keeping on with the tough questions and if/when the coach gives a halfhearted non-answer they don't just let him off the hook and move on but they follow up and press him further.

A good example was in Entz's presser after the UND game Ross Uglem did ask him about getting his playmakers move involved and Entz gave him the expected non-answer and general endorsement of his offense. Would've loved for Ross to follow up with "So does that mean you were satisfied with how Christian Watson was utilized?" But I think it's easy for us to critique the media when we don't have to deal with the backlash that being a dick to an NDSU head football coach would entail.

Man, I would hate to see what it looks like here when we have a losing record. Yeah we have some things to work on, but for the love of god, we are 7-0!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    In some cases I don't think it's getting real answers but it's keeping on with the tough questions and if/when the coach gives a halfhearted non-answer they don't just let him off the hook and move on but they follow up and press him further.

A good example was in Entz's presser after the UND game Ross Uglem did ask him about getting his playmakers move involved and Entz gave him the expected non-answer and general endorsement of his offense. Would've loved for Ross to follow up with "So does that mean you were satisfied with how Christian Watson was utilized?" But I think it's easy for us to critique the media when we don't have to deal with the backlash that being a dick to an NDSU head football coach would entail.
    What are u talking about. ME himself said as much.

Not trying to be an apologist but OMG. The circle jerk around here is.....well it
    is BV.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    What are u talking about. ME himself said as much.
    Not trying to be an apologist but OMG
    He did???

https://youtu.be/bNEKszRWRFs?t=135

He said absolutely nothing with that answer that would indicate to me that getting the ball to Watson more was an emphasis.