Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    How do you know which one to prepare for.?
    Easy. Do your damn job. Dude runs right by the defense and no one thinks "Huh, that's weird. Maybe I should take that guy."?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    How do you know which one to prepare for.?
    Tutsie went for the run first thing, he stays back no TD
    Not putting it all on him but that would have been a veteran play

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    The question wasnt how to defend it. Lakes made a statement that you should have prepared for it. There are many trick plays. But every team runs certain plays depending on down and distance, hash mark etc etc. So I was asking him HOW do you prepare for it?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    If you saw it that way then I trust the Tutsie gambled and it went badly. Hes such a hard, tough competitor love that kid. But your right your the last defense and need be extremely cautious as did our best Safety Colton back in the 2011-12-13 run. He was a great run defender but knew when to gamble....

But if my memory serves me right back in the Carson Wentz Era - UNI Mr. David ? RB who went pro with Cardinals and now Houston, he made the same exact big run against us in the Fargo Dome for 80 yards too...ironic....its not the first a big run, big play can happen. A sound defense with D-ends keep the play inside make all the difference or linebackers who stretch the play out, #10 Dback was way out of position as Strong blew by him with no chance. Strong is NFL 2nd round or 3rd draft for sure..

SDSU lineman owned our front Defensive 7 all day.....

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    how do you NOT prepare for a trick play when it's sdsu?
    Sooo right, its all about trick plays with Jacks, just be ready to sniff it out....that means players as well as coaches...Correct El Chapo.

I'll give some credit to Ross for pressing Entz on the tempo offense in the presser today... you could tell Entz got irritated by it which shouldn't necessarily be the goal of the press but Ross didn't back down from the question when Entz started throwing questions back at him about semantics.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'll give some credit to Ross for pressing Entz on the tempo offense in the presser today... you could tell Entz got irritated by it which shouldn't necessarily be the goal of the press but Ross didn't back down from the question when Entz started throwing questions back at him about semantics.
    Agreed. It actually annoyed me that Entz's go to when someone asked a non soft question was to ask clarifying questions like he didn't understand exactly what they were talking about. He might think it makes him sound smart but it actually makes him sound evasive and dumb.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    Sooo right, its all about trick plays with Jacks, just be ready to sniff it out....that means players as well as coaches...Correct El Chapo.
    We won a Natty with a fake punt and another with a fake FG. Deception has its place in football!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Ross is good in the pressers. Tough but fair questions and I agree Entz could get to the point faster. Everyone knew Ross meant when they were behind in the fourth and pissed away minutes off the clock.

I'd imagine being prepared for a play like that snap through the QB's legs when he's under center is waaaaay easier said than done. I don't know what all the defenders are keying on but when they showed an angle of the play from behind you could see both the o-line and d-line were completely crashing as if it was a sneak. Credit where it's due, that was just a very ingenuitive play call that was executed well.