Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

I think someone else commented earlier in the thread that the delta formation finally made an appearance this year when Cam was put into the game. I also wonder if he has more freedom to call a different play at the line.
    If this is true, why the hell is QP starting?

Either QP practices way better then Cam does, and just plays like shit. Cam's quarter of amazeballs is just lighting in a bottle, or for at least half the season we've been sitting the better QB. I'm willing to believe that Cam's just progressed better over the past 6 to 7 weeks of practice then QP, and it didn't look like this at the beginning of the season.

But it sure as fuck looks like Cam should be starting now.

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    How about a QB draw? Kind of seems like I've seen that at NDSU since the Bentrim days.
    huh? we run qb draw about 4-5 times a game, just sometimes it's it's design qb run without the pause/step back for a draw.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    If this is true, why the hell is QP starting?

Either QP practices way better then Cam does, and just plays like shit. Cam's quarter of amazeballs is just lighting in a bottle, or for at least half the season we've been sitting the better QB. I'm willing to believe that Cam's just progressed better over the past 6 to 7 weeks of practice then QP, and it didn't look like this at the beginning of the season.

But it sure as fuck looks like Cam should be starting now.
    It’s not like we don’t have a precedent for this. Not so many years back we kept a future NFL starting QB on the pine with a somewhat less talented player getting all the snaps. But that son of gun was winning so how do you justify him losing his job?

Flash forward to today. How many losses has QP II accumulated as the starter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

It’s not like we don’t have a precedent for this. Not so many years back we kept a future NFL starting QB on the pine with a somewhat less talented player getting all the snaps. But that son of gun was winning so how do you justify him losing his job?

Flash forward to today. How many losses has QP II accumulated as the starter?
    Brock Jensen was certainly not as athletically talented as Carson Wentz. Would never argue that.

And I get the Winning argument. But comparing Brock's ability to run the offense and how that offense functioned under Brock to QP is not fair to Brock.

We won 6 games with QP (I can't give him number 7. We were probably losing that game til Cam came in.). But I'd argue that about three of those were in spite of, not because of. This team is really really good. But its appears to be better with Cam under center. The 2013 bison were not going to be better with Carson under center. Love that guy, but that team was just... different.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    Brock Jensen was certainly not as athletically talented as Carson Wentz. Would never argue that.

And I get the Winning argument. But comparing Brock's ability to run the offense and how that offense functioned under Brock to QP is not fair to Brock.

We won 6 games with QP (I can't give him number 7. We were probably losing that game til Cam came in.). But I'd argue that about three of those were in spite of, not because of. This team is really really good. But its appears to be better with Cam under center. The 2013 bison were not going to be better with Carson under center. Love that guy, but that team was just... different.
    You sound like a brother from a different mother!! Exactly what my response was going to be.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    This succinctly captures my feeling perfectly.

FWIW - I have absolutely no idea how QP's interception count is so low. He's thrown a heck of a lot of very bad balls into the middle of the field.
    QPII's throws are mostly to the sidelines, thus the high balls are uncatchable and out of bounds. Neither our receivers or TE can catch his sideline pass nor can the opposing team. If he threw lower, then the defense might be able to cut in front of the receivers, but currently both just watch the ball sail over their heads into the sidelines.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

let's not forget that Jensen and Wentz didn't have Roehl as their OC. Do either Jensen or Wentz have the success they had with TR's play calling? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    let's not forget that Jensen and Wentz didn't have Roehl as their OC. Do either Jensen or Wentz have the success they had with TR's play calling?
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    QPII's throws are mostly to the sidelines, thus the high balls are uncatchable and out of bounds. Neither our receivers or TE can catch his sideline pass nor can the opposing team. If he threw lower, then the defense might be able to cut in front of the receivers, but currently both just watch the ball sail over their heads into the sidelines.
    A QB practicing indoors (non-crowned) field throwing to the sideline on an outdoor (crowned) field, those outdoor throws certainly tend to sail high. Shouldn't be an issue in the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    A QB practicing indoors (non-crowned) field throwing to the sideline on an outdoor (crowned) field, those outdoor throws certainly tend to sail high. Shouldn't be an issue in the dome.
    The math checks out. Dome turf should mean He misses left to right not high.