Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Inefficient? I would say QP is terrible at the short and intermediate passing game.
    Potatoes Patatoes.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Inefficient? I would say QP is terrible at the short and intermediate passing game.

QPII can't hit on "spot" and/or timing throws - anything that requires timing or throwing to a spot throw on the field - check downs. sideline pass, slants, screens, etc. He seems to lacks touch for those things. Makes me wonder if he has a depth perception problem.

QP is only successful on "area" throws, which why he makes the connection on those long down the middle of the field passes. He throws high and long to an area, allowing Watson to track the ball down and run under it.

If QP had to actually hit Watson on a targeted spot and timed 'bullet' pass 30 yards it is unlikely it would succeed. He has the arm for such a pass, but .....
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    QPII can't hit on "spot" and/or timing throws - anything that requires timing or throwing to a spot throw on the field - check downs. sideline pass, slants, screens, etc. He lacks touch for those thing. Make me wonder if he has a depth perception problem.

QP is only successful on "area" throws, which why he makes the connection on those long down the middle of the field passes. He throws high and long, allowing Watson to track the ball down and run under it.

If QP had to actually hit Watson on a targeted spot and timed pass 30 yards it is unlikely it would succeed.
    So a good question is why are NDSU coaches so willing to give up such a big portion of the offensive game plan? Sorry, QP is a good running QB, but he isnt that elusive, fast or tough to bring down. This is a critical point in this season and will determine if the Bison can return to the top. Just don't think QP and the offensive game plan that goes with him will get the Bison back to Frisco. Also think Cam needs some more game time to prove he is ready.
    Last edited by SDbison; 10-26-2021 at 03:55 PM.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All I know is: I don't hold my breath in anticipation of something bad happening when Cam throws. I hold my breath in anticipation of something marvelous happening.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    All I know is: I don't hold my breath in anticipation of something bad happening when Cam throws. I hold my breath in anticipation of something marvelous happening.
    3rd and 5 should NEVER be a QB sneak. You need someone to throw a 7 yard out. That's Cam.

QP got 7 games and has never shown the ability to do anything other than the bomb. Unfortunately they are such spectacular plays that's all anyone remembers. The dozen or so incomplete passes that he overthrows get ignored.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    3rd and 5 should NEVER be a QB sneak. You need someone to throw a 7 yard out. That's Cam.

QP got 7 games and has never shown the ability to do anything other than the bomb. Unfortunately they are such spectacular plays that's all anyone remembers. The dozen or so incomplete passes that he overthrows get ignored.
    In all fairness to QP, he pretty much is the ultimate NFL Blitz QB. Either heave it 40 yards downfield or take off and run for 15
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    IAs a side note I think Roehl is too enamored with the QB run game. He needs to start weening himself off that or he's not going to make it as an OC much longer.
    In spite of what Entz indicated in yesterday's presser, there was a noticeable difference in playcalling when Cam subbed in. Even though Cam is just (somewhat) serviceable in the QB run game, his much better downfield vision and ability to throw a good ball is what will keep our entire offense chugging along like it should. The QB run game only works if those middle passes are a threat and vicey versey.
    Insert something clever here...

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    This succinctly captures my feeling perfectly.

FWIW - I have absolutely no idea how QP's interception count is so low. He's thrown a heck of a lot of very bad balls into the middle of the field.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    How about a QB draw? Kind of seems like I've seen that at NDSU since the Bentrim days.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    In spite of what Entz indicated in yesterday's presser, there was a noticeable difference in playcalling when Cam subbed in. Even though Cam is just (somewhat) serviceable in the QB run game, his much better downfield vision and ability to throw a good ball is what will keep our entire offense chugging along like it should. The QB run game only works if those middle passes are a threat and vicey versey.
    I think someone else commented earlier in the thread that the delta formation finally made an appearance this year when Cam was put into the game. I also wonder if he has more freedom to call a different play at the line.
    It's OK to not be OK.