Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Are any of you seriously thinking that NDSU is going to pull a trigger on a QB switch without watching the film and talking about it as a staff? And that if they were, they'd tell you, the other team, and the whole freaking universe about it in the middle of a tight conference race?

Man, some of you guys just want to hear 100% politically correct, empty coachspeak which will never tell you anything anyway. (scratch that, I have no idea what would satisfy you at this point.) I, for one, actually think that Entz is doing a very good job. But if coddling your fee-fees his #1 job, then, sure, run him out of town, you fragile flowers, and maybe you kind find somebody who will hold your hand, look deeply into your eyes, and tell you how deeply special and smart you all are.

If you guys want to be treated like assistant coaches, put on your big boy sweater vests, grab a clipboard, and work your way up. I have read Bisonville for a long time, and this is the whiniest, most entitled, and dumbest pool of crap that I have ever had to wade though (outside of the political board.)
    LOL it’s Bisonville I would be disappointed in anything less.

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think we're seeing the effects of how NDSU football/athletics is the clear #1 sports attraction in Fargo and it makes the media (not just 1660) afraid to butt heads with the NDSU football talking heads because they're worried they'll get frozen out if they ruffle too many feathers. I recall reading similar things about most P5 college towns being in non-professional sports cities and the media uses kid gloves because of it with those P5 college programs because they've got nothing else to fall back on. For instance, you won't see sports media in Tuscaloosa hammering the Tide like the sports media in the Twin Cities hammers the Goophers.
    I would agree with this... I lived in Iowa for a number of years, and the general tone of the media (newspaper, radio and TV) towards the Hawkeye's was extremely positive. When I moved to the Twin Cities I was shocked at the difference. Barreiro hammers the Gophers, as did the Star Tribune (outside of Sid, RIP). There were times I thought they were getting close to the line of criticizing college players. Hell even on KFAN, the home of the Gophers, Meatsauce openly despises PJ Fleck. You couldn't pay me enough to coach a Gopher's men's team in this media market.

That is why I chuckle when people complain about McFeely or the Forum back in the day "going negative" on NDSU. It's nothing compared to what the Gofer coaches deal with.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbythelake View Post
    what's this political board you speak of??

I wouldn't say Whiny. Bisonvillers want NDSU to perform like a FBS team. High huge expectations. it's what we are doing here.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    what's this political board you speak of??

I wouldn't say Whiny. Bisonvillers want NDSU to perform like a FBS team. High huge expectations. it's what we are doing here.
    No. I think whiny was an appropriate adjective. It was kind of him to omit the pejorative noun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbythelake View Post
    Yeah, part of this is that I wanted a forceful counter-argument out there (if you can call it an argument... it's more like a full-on blast.)

I don't want Bisonville being solely associated with terrible, negative takes on Bison football. Not everything as horrible as a 7-0 start should make people so seemingly miserable. I want Bisonville to be associated with terrible, positive takes too.

Bisonville needs a press pass.

Or two. Me and Lakes could get it done.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Bisonville needs a press pass.

Or two. Me and Lakes could get it done.
    Bro?? Really??? You’re sure quick to change allegiances.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I find the seriousness that some here think that they should be completely informed somewhat disappointing. Hell, I find it crazy that so many think that their opinion on the nit-picky stuff even matters at all in the big picture. I also hope we never have a situation where local media drills and drills on the hard-hitting questions until they get an answer. Sports is a fun escape for me. I love the game so much that I'd hate for it to be consumed by the negative. The news is already that way - confrontation, judgment, and self-righteousness in all corners. I hope that isn't the future of sports coverage.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Bro?? Really??? You’re sure quick to change allegiances.
    I thought the restraining orders would keep you out bro.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Are any of you seriously thinking that NDSU is going to pull a trigger on a QB switch without watching the film and talking about it as a staff? And that if they were, they'd tell you, the other team, and the whole freaking universe about it in the middle of a tight conference race?

Man, some of you guys just want to hear 100% politically correct, empty coachspeak which will never tell you anything anyway. (scratch that, I have no idea what would satisfy you at this point.) I, for one, actually think that Entz is doing a very good job. But if coddling your fee-fees his #1 job, then, sure, run him out of town, you fragile flowers, and maybe you kind find somebody who will hold your hand, look deeply into your eyes, and tell you how deeply special and smart you all are.

If you guys want to be treated like assistant coaches, put on your big boy sweater vests, grab a clipboard, and work your way up. I have read Bisonville for a long time, and this is the whiniest, most entitled, and dumbest pool of crap that I have ever had to wade though (outside of the political board.)
    I've already said it but yes it is his job to be an ambassador of ndsu. He is literally paid for media appearances. Has to be better. Grumpy dick is a bad look