Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Hahaha, glad I could entertain. I barely listen to 1660 anymore...too homer. I do listen to the postgame for a bit...love listening to the call in show...makes me shake my head...but it does entertain.
    Made the drive home go fast; great to see you in person!

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Are any of you seriously thinking that NDSU is going to pull a trigger on a QB switch without watching the film and talking about it as a staff? And that if they were, they'd tell you, the other team, and the whole freaking universe about it in the middle of a tight conference race?

Man, some of you guys just want to hear 100% politically correct, empty coachspeak which will never tell you anything anyway. (scratch that, I have no idea what would satisfy you at this point.) I, for one, actually think that Entz is doing a very good job. But if coddling your fee-fees his #1 job, then, sure, run him out of town, you fragile flowers, and maybe you kind find somebody who will hold your hand, look deeply into your eyes, and tell you how deeply special and smart you all are.

If you guys want to be treated like assistant coaches, put on your big boy sweater vests, grab a clipboard, and work your way up. I have read Bisonville for a long time, and this is the whiniest, most entitled, and dumbest pool of crap that I have ever had to wade though (outside of the political board.)
    Last edited by tony; 10-25-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Hahaha, glad I could entertain. I barely listen to 1660 anymore...too homer. I do listen to the postgame for a bit...love listening to the call in show...makes me shake my head...but it does entertain.
    1660 is an all day, every day pep rally for whatever NDSU is doing that particular day. NDSU loses by 50? We would have 6 hrs of praising the stunning and brave coaching staff for choosing to lose in such a stunning and brave fashion. sneer all you want but that is just BARELY not true.

No tough questions, no REAL thoughts being shared. IDK if anyone listens to the common man progrum on KFAN, but 1660 is literally an all day broadcast of Tenna/Common when they are getting electrocuted until they start spouting whatever the preferred homer narrative is lol

The post game call in is the only honest thing on the station that isnt the actual broadcast- because is the only programs where they dont control every syllable of the programming
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Whelp, uh, thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    1660 is an all day, every day pep rally for whatever NDSU is doing that particular day. NDSU loses by 50? We would have 6 hrs of praising the stunning and brave coaching staff for choosing to lose in such a stunning and brave fashion. sneer all you want but that is just BARELY not true.

No tough questions, no REAL thoughts being shared. IDK if anyone listens to the common man progrum on KFAN, but 1660 is literally an all day broadcast of Tenna/Common when they are getting electrocuted until they start spouting whatever the preferred homer narrative is lol

The post game call in is the only honest thing on the station that isnt the actual broadcast- because is the only programs where they dont control every syllable of the programming
    Lose by 50 to Alabama or Georgia maybe, but 1660 would turn cold too if we lost by 50 to Mo State.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Lose by 50 to Alabama or Georgia maybe, but 1660 would turn cold too if we lost by 50 to Mo State.
    I hope we never have to find out what Bison1660 does when that happens

The players they have on don't really pull their punches that much - sure, they don't say what they might say while watching the game but that's because that's heat-of-the-moment stuff, not real analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Not in any honest way though. If we lost by 50 to Missouri state, there SHOULD be questions about our program, our defensive coordinator, players not being good enough etc. and there simply would not be

They wouldnt say it was "stunning and brave" but it would be a bunch of empty platitudes about regrouping and playing better etc. They would actively ignore all the actual questions that should be asked, and triple down on how we have all the right pieces in place at every possible position and staff position. Real journalists ask tough and honest questions. 1660 wont because theyre run by the university, they are literally the propaganda arm of NDSU athletics, which is exactly who I want running the broadcast, but not who I want in charge of the off field conversation is all
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Bohl was a media manipulator (he did miss on the wy thing). Always dressed professionally, always with ‘the right’ answers. You knew it was a con (remember that goofy smile) but it worked. Coach K was homey but polished.
    Entz is truly rough around the edges. Showing emotion. It’s either refreshing or annoying. Maybe a PR class would help. Talking to the media is hard. I had to do it for 23 years for work and the questions I was asked never ceased to amaze.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

Their call letters are BISON.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Bohl was a media manipulator (he did miss on the wy thing). Always dressed professionally, always with ‘the right’ answers. You knew it was a con (remember that goofy smile) but it worked. Coach K was homey but polished.
    Entz is truly rough around the edges. Showing emotion. It’s either refreshing or annoying. Maybe a PR class would help. Talking to the media is hard. I had to do it for 23 years for work and the questions I was asked never ceased to amaze.
    In a world that is so sterile, soul less, and lifeless, I don't mind the emotion. It's more real to me.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com