Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Is in some version or another yes.
    Monday presser, the Monday night show radio show etc. ME has not been shy about saying we need to find ways to get the ball in our play makers hands

Default Re: Fargo media needs to grow a pair and ask these coaches some real questions

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think we're seeing the effects of how NDSU football/athletics is the clear #1 sports attraction in Fargo and it makes the media (not just 1660) afraid to butt heads with the NDSU football talking heads because they're worried they'll get frozen out if they ruffle too many feathers. I recall reading similar things about most P5 college towns being in non-professional sports cities and the media uses kid gloves because of it with those P5 college programs because they've got nothing else to fall back on. For instance, you won't see sports media in Tuscaloosa hammering the Tide like the sports media in the Twin Cities hammers the Goophers.
    This. hell its true for the college beat in general.. WDAY, Forum, Bison Report and 1660 are not going to get out of line. They know they have one job and that's to write up nice stories. McFeely will just make shit up for the click bait anyway (Bison move to Big 10 likely- if Wisconsin and Minnesota fall into Lake Michigan I have a good source who tells me that the Bison will be in the Big 10) so why be an obvious prick and get kicked out of the pressers by going too tough these guys have mortgages to pay and their kids student loans to cover. Its not going to happen college reporting is always biased to the Rah Rah support the team unless the team is out in the community raping and pillaging. I mean for some reason Pat Fitzgerald is still treated as if he walked over the lake to Green Bay and back. Despite NW being unmistakably average the last 5 years some reporter always frets that Fitz is going to get a "pro" job or leave for "big name school".

The pro game is different losing coaches are gone within a year or tops two years. So reporters will harass coaches until they get an answer.

Its really easy for Coaches not to answer questions they don't like.
    Entz does it well, "no thoughts on that/ next question"...
    Cagey Bisonville reporter "but but but"
    Entz "Does anyone else have any other questions?"
    Cagey "but I was asking about my but"
    Entz: while getting up and leaving... "thanks everyone... ". Cashes check for doing press conferences. Meanwhile Ross rants about Cagey in the BR for podcast listens and Cagey gets death glares from Izzo and Kolpack... " you fucked up our deadline" McFeely laughs
    That person will never be allowed in by the SID into any press game/university event again.

Maybe you can go to HerdNHorns to shout questions at him Monday, but I'm pretty sure they will bounce and trespass you. I don't think Entz maintains an entourage but I'm sure the SID or lackey there of is there to control the crowd for just such an occasion.

Campbell's post games are horrific... but I'm glad WDAY decided to let her practice in Fargo. If Staton isn't doing pbp can' he interview people? Logan needs to do stories that can be edited at this point in her career her live shots are setting female sports reporting back 30 years. I don't even think she is qualified to cover HS games. Cole does a better job on the radio of being "the sideline guy".

To be fair, some of the shit folks are suggesting the media ask is just dumb and uninformed. I would not ask it either.

Are there homers.... for sure and thats fine the ones with the media contracts kinda get paid to be homers. I guess if one does not like it turn the channel start up a pod etc. Given several old time members seem to stopped posting here, obviously BV understands this concept.
    Last edited by MAKBison; 10-25-2021 at 01:11 AM.

Why does the Dome have shitty food and no beer

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Have you ever considered taking a class on timeouts?

Lardsin must go!

Campbell's post games are horrific... but I'm glad WDAY decided to let her practice in Fargo. If Staton isn't doing pbp can' he interview people? Logan needs to do stories that can be edited at this point in her career her live shots are setting female sports reporting back 30 years. I don't even think she is qualified to cover HS games. Cole does a better job on the radio of being "the sideline guy".
    To be un-necessarily fair to Campbell (this is BV ). Cole has an unfair advantage as he played here, still knows a lot of these guys and knows what they should and shouldn't say because he's been there. Campbell should be better, but if Cole wasn't that good, something would be terribly wrong

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbythelake View Post
    This. hell its true for the college beat in general.. WDAY, Forum, Bison Report and 1660 are not going to get out of line. They know they have one job and that's to write up nice stories. McFeely will just make shit up for the click bait anyway (Bison move to Big 10 likely- if Wisconsin and Minnesota fall into Lake Michigan I have a good source who tells me that the Bison will be in the Big 10) so why be an obvious prick and get kicked out of the pressers by going too tough these guys have mortgages to pay and their kids student loans to cover. Its not going to happen college reporting is always biased to the Rah Rah support the team unless the team is out in the community raping and pillaging. I mean for some reason Pat Fitzgerald is still treated as if he walked over the lake to Green Bay and back. Despite NW being unmistakably average the last 5 years some reporter always frets that Fitz is going to get a "pro" job or leave for "big name school".

The pro game is different losing coaches are gone within a year or tops two years. So reporters will harass coaches until they get an answer.

Its really easy for Coaches not to answer questions they don't like.
    Entz does it well, "no thoughts on that/ next question"...
    Cagey Bisonville reporter "but but but"
    Entz "Does anyone else have any other questions?"
    Cagey "but I was asking about my but"
    Entz: while getting up and leaving... "thanks everyone... ". Cashes check for doing press conferences. Meanwhile Ross rants about Cagey in the BR for podcast listens and Cagey gets death glares from Izzo and Kolpack... " you fucked up our deadline" McFeely laughs
    That person will never be allowed in by the SID into any press game/university event again.

Maybe you can go to HerdNHorns to shout questions at him Monday, but I'm pretty sure they will bounce and trespass you. I don't think Entz maintains an entourage but I'm sure the SID or lackey there of is there to control the crowd for just such an occasion.

"Never answer the question that is asked of you. Answer the question that you wish had been asked of you." - Robert McNamara

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    So what questions should WDAY be asking... that are real questions that would get real answers?
    I think the WDAY crew is asking all the right questions. I liked the direct QB question, no complaints on the questions. I don't see an issue. 1660 folks don't, but WDAY is asking the tough questions. Dom maybe needs to be a little careful as the voice, but he can pass the dirty work questions to Kolpack and McF.

I do think that Entz needs to watch a few Klieman pressers, and change his tune. His constant talking about the Bison in 3rd person is wearing thin on me, as well as talking about playing perfect games when he escapes with a comeback win. A little humility goes a long way, show some. I've heard him do it, but he should be showing some praise for the other team when it's deserved. He probably didn't think much of the MoSt talking, but park that stuff at the presser, take it to the lockerroom.

Klieman was always about the players first, and that played well in Fargo, and I'm sure Entz is too in the lockerroom, but he needs to make it about his players, not himself in the presser. I'm not giving up on Entz, but he's turning into the coach the whole conference is loving to hate. I'm starting to hope for a Roehl or Olson transition in a few years, as I know they will be good with the press, and rep the program with class.

As for FBS stuff, that's not in season for a head coach. Go ahead and push ML on that, but keep it out of coach press conferences, not relevant.

Logan did the right thing asking the question......she had guts to do it. Entz needs to handle that better. All he has to say is "well, we respect both our young men playing QB, and we as a staff will take a close look at the film and how they perform in practice, and make a decision." Done, easy peasy non-answer with no one upset.

On another note, my favorite part of the entire tailgate is when TAB said he quit listening to North Korean state media.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Logan did the right thing asking the question......she had guts to do it. Entz needs to handle that better. All he has to say is "well, we respect both our young men playing QB, and we as a staff will take a close look at the film and how they perform in practice, and make a decision." Done, easy peasy non-answer with no one upset.

On another note, my favorite part of the entire tailgate is when TAB said he quit listening to North Korean state media.
    Hahaha, glad I could entertain. I barely listen to 1660 anymore...too homer. I do listen to the postgame for a bit...love listening to the call in show...makes me shake my head...but it does entertain.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]