Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Quincy Patterson vs Easton Stick (2016)

Default Re: Quincy Patterson vs Easton Stick (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Now let's compare quarterback runs on 3rd down.

QP2: 478
    Easton: 6 (entire season)
    That would be a better Roehl vs Polasek comparison. Roehl definitely likes the QB run more

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That would be a better Roehl vs Polasek comparison. Roehl definitely likes the QB run more
    ….that was a roehl vs polasek comparison.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quincy only threw 4 passes vs Valpo so they are definitely not inflated.

Talent on the 2 teams is similar. This year has a better defense but that offense had a more experienced backs in Dunn, King and Morlock. Shep and RJ were solid but not as athletic

I would say Easton is quicker and shiftier but Quincy has a way stronger arm. He's also just a bigger guy. We can win with both
    Not using all of your personnel/weapons like we aren’t this Fall kinda throws (no pun intended) a comparison of overall offensive ability out the window.

Also wondering what motivated 1660 into even bringing this issue up?

My position is this: we aren’t high-end at the OC position and QP’s play isn’t helping things.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The way I see it, we were mediocre QB play from beating the eventual national champs in the playoffs last year. But it was a weird season. I think QP2 had been better than mediocre, but I also think he needs to be better (along with the entire offense) than he/they has/have been in order to achieve the ultimate goal of a national championship.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Not using all of your personnel/weapons like we aren’t this Fall kinda throws (no pun intended) a comparison of overall offensive ability out the window.

Also wondering what motivated 1660 into even bringing this issue up?

My position is this: we aren’t high-end at the OC position and QP’s play isn’t helping things.
    Roehl is probably a bit more limited in what he can call given the lack of experience in the system at the position. It should continue to improve. Incredibly QP is the most experienced

A pro style offense without a redshirt season is quite the challenge. When we got Quincy I pulled up his high school HUDL tape and not 1 play was under center. Takes time to learn that stuff

He's coming along. There is no easy plan even you lose a sophmore to the NFL draft

Motivation to bring it up? Probably reading bisonville lol
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-22-2021 at 12:50 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    The way I see it, we were mediocre QB play from beating the eventual national champs in the playoffs last year. But it was a weird season. I think QP2 had been better than mediocre, but I also think he needs to be better (along with the entire offense) than he/they has/have been in order to achieve the ultimate goal of a national championship.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    True. Last year we were awful at QB. Zeb would seemingly throw a pick every game by half time and was a statue. He was such a non threat to run, we couldn't even run the read option because nobody keyed on him. We couldn't roll him out either

Quincy had been good enough. He keeps the defense honest with his lets. Once we can do more traditional stuff, he will be better. But he has shown flashes of brilliance, something we never had last year. He's been a big part of improving our offense. It's not Trey or Jr/Sr Easton level but that takes time

True. Last year we were awful at QB. Zeb would seemingly throw a pick every game by half time and was a statue. He was such a non threat to run, we couldn't even run the read option because nobody keyed on him. We couldn't roll him out either

Quincy had been good enough. He keeps the defense honest. Once we can do more traditional run stuff, he will be better. But he has shown flashes of brilliance, something we never had last year
    You do recall that both TR and Entz said/claimed Zeb was a run-threat and 1660 supported that theory?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    The stat comparison is cool but it doesn't pass the eye check for me either. Easton had something special, even that first year when we was figuring it all out. He had an explosiveness to his runs that QP just doesn't have.

Nothing against QP either. It's not really fair to compare him to the guy who is arguably (and yes, I will argue) the GOAT.
    I believe he had the best overall 3cone drill at the NFL combine his senior year.......should be another Tasum Hill

Quote Originally Posted by sbark View Post
    I believe he had the best overall 3cone drill at the NFL combine his senior year.......should be another Tasum Hill
    Easton had the fastest 3 cone at the NFL Combine by a QB in a decade

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    You do recall that both TR and Entz said/claimed Zeb was a run-threat and 1660 supported that theory?
    Oh yeah and then even more laughable is when they ran Zeb and he would get like 1 yard, thinking they were going to keep the defense honest. Then they would roll him out once and the defense would ignore him