Thread: Quincy Patterson vs Easton Stick (2016)

Threaded View

Default Quincy Patterson vs Easton Stick (2016)

Andy on Bison 1660 had a great bit today comparing QP2 to Easton Sticks first full season as a starter in 2016. You can listen to the podcast here https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2021-full-show

For reference, Easton had 2 full years (3 Fall Camps) including a redshirt year, played 8 games when Carson went down, and then started his 3rd year. QP2 has only been here for 10 months, only had 1 fall camp, and last year he really only ran the scout team.

As you can see, they aren't that far off. I think Easton was slightly better in early 2016 but he also had much more experience in our system and learned behind a veteran QB in Wentz.
    I'm of the opinion that QP2 is trending in the right direction and we haven't scratched the surface on his potential. I think he has the potential to be one of the all time greats but it will take some time. We know he has a rocket arm and the athleticism.

QP2 unfortunately will be unfairly compared to Trey Lance and one of the best seasons in college football history, but remember Trey had a full red shirt season to learn behind Easton Stick and he's playing in the NFL for a reason.

Through 6 games... (comparing Easton in 2016 to QP2)
    I typed these as I as listening to the podcast.

Completion Percentage
    QP2 - 58.8%
    Easton* - 58% (entire season)

Passing Yards Per Game
    QP2 - 120
    Easton - 166

Passing TD
    Easton - 9
    QP2 - 6

Picks*
    Easton - 2
    QP2-* 3

Rushing YPC
    QP 5.2
    ES 5.8

Rushing YPG
    QP2 - 61
    Easton - 48

Rushing TD
    QP2 - 5 TD
    Easton 7 (entire season)

I'll even add on to his stats

Efficiency Rating
    QP2 - 147.8
    Easton -142.2 (full season)
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-21-2021 at 09:31 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com