Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Quincy Patterson vs Easton Stick (2016)

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Quincy Patterson vs Easton Stick (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    True but here's a throw be can't make
    https://mobile.twitter.com/RossUglem...57713480781837

This was thrown from the 33 to the 12 from right hash to left and Watson still had to slow down. That's 55 yards plus the hash marks are what, 40 feet apart?

The only way Cam makes that throw is a 2 or 3 step bomb or else it's 50/50 ball. (Which yesterday he would have won)

The flip side is QP2 isn't ready for some of the easier passes that Cam could make in his sleep
    I want your honest take on what you think QP2 would have done on this play? Cam feels the rush, doesn't hesitate, steps up in the pocket throws a dime where only Phoenix can make a play on the ball. Watch his foot work, he doesn't panic. Main thing with the throw is he gave him a chance to catch it. I don't know if QP does that either.

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/sta...611002884?s=20

Default Quincy Patterson vs Easton Stick (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I want your honest take on what you think QP2 would have done on this play? Cam feels the rush, doesn't hesitate, steps up in the pocket throws a dime where only Phoenix can make a play on the ball. Watch his foot work, he doesn't panic. Main thing with the throw is he gave him a chance to catch it. I don't know if QP does that either.

That was a thing of beauty. I’m not sure QPII can even SEE Sproles out there.

Edit: and to your question, no, I don’t think Quincy makes that play. Doesn’t mean I’m right but I would bet he either gets sacked or goes to #1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Yeah he's no Wentz but he has plenty of arm to run our offense.
    Plus he will get better. Geez
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Cam has plenty of arm strength for the college game plus his QB IQ is way ahead of QP's.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post

Honestly... your probably right. I could see him take off and run for a 1st down there. But is that because the coaches want him to run more or is it because he's not as far along and it's just easier to run than make the throw? Cam clearly made the right decision there.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Watch the throw at 2:33 left in the 3rd and tell me that's not a great throw. Doubt QP would have completed that pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Cam has plenty of arm strength for the college game plus his QB IQ is way ahead of QP's.
    In our system, yes. He's got a year more experience in it and it showed. He was also raised by a football coach.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Watch the throw at 2:33 left in the 3rd and tell me that's not a great throw. Doubt QP would have completed that pass.

8:32 left in the fourth. Quincy doesn't complete that pass more than 1 time out of 10.