Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: If Larson did have contact with the MW?

Default Re: If Larson did have contact with the MW?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So the $50 million IPF doesn't impress you? And he's getting it all done in one shot. Would you rather have had a half assed IPF completed 10 years ago or a top shelf one now?
    The second phase is not a done deal yet. Matt Larson is nobody compared to Gene Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    The second phase is not a done deal yet. Matt Larson is nobody compared to Gene Taylor.
    I'll trust ML that all the money will be in hand by December. I highly doubt he would say it if it wasn't true. If they were thinking they'd be short he'd be begging for contributions.

And I'm fully on board with going FBS. Just give it a chance to work out
    Last edited by NDSU1980; 10-20-2021 at 12:30 AM.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well Lakes is probably best friends with his grandma. Let's get his take on this!

bwahaha! Have you ever talked with the guy. And what are his accomplishments. The crappy SHAC, the just started and late to get done practice facility?
    SD the shitty SHAC is 100% on GT, not ML. I love GT but lets be real, ML took over when ground was broken. As for ML....Look at the IPF in comparison, he seems to be doing ok.

I think the FBS direction is more of a president level move and the AD is going to follow along with whatever they want.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think the FBS direction is more of a president level move and the AD is going to follow along with whatever they want.
    This is probably true (a leadership thing...think Joe Chapman taking the D1 plunge). Given the state board hires the next president, it is unlikely they pick someone with ambitious goals for NDSU. Too many ND folks in power with zero ambition to move beyond the status quo.

Show some proof. Lame ducks running the show.
    I did... listen today. Jeff said same in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    SD the shitty SHAC is 100% on GT, not ML. I love GT but lets be real, ML took over when ground was broken. As for ML....Look at the IPF in comparison, he seems to be doing ok.

Take it how you want, but I talked to Gene several times when the SHAC was being planned. It was supposed to be a permanent bowl with only the side with the columns being re-used. Apparently the bowl design was dropped at some point late in the process and instead pull out seats put in. Doubt Gene was in favor of the change and he was close to moving on at the time.

Take it how you want, but I talked to Gene several times when the SHAC was being planned. It was supposed to be a permanent bowl with only the side with the columns being re-used. Apparently the bowl design was dropped at some point late in the process and instead pull out seats put in. Doubt Gene was in favor of the change and he was close to moving on at the time.
    Never been to a wrestling match. Could the shac be used if the seats didn't push back. Not sure how the floor is set up. Just curious if this was part of the decision.

Well you can't really blame ML for something that was already underconstruction is my point, when it comes to facilities he has been great. The IPF, softball upgrade, new track...he is doing great work on that front.

The SHAC should have been a track/athletic admin facility and a new arena built somewhere else on campus. The massive error was trying to convert into something it never was designed to be, a good basketball venue. I wlll never understand why we didn't just build UNI's arena on our campus, that is what USD basically did.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

True ML is not GT! Phase 2 funding is done! I guy wrote check to pay the cost of phase 2.