Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: If Larson did have contact with the MW?

Default Re: If Larson did have contact with the MW?

How the hell would he be able to keep it under wraps if it was indeed talked about? Nothing can be kept secret in ND with our open records laws. It's one of the reasons very few top candidates want to work here!

That said ML should be out in front on this and proactively seeking a FB only invite at the very least. Not doing so is being asleep at the wheel and a piss poor AD.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Matt had been the AD for 4 National Championships (5 technically), increased the overall budget, got us Full Cost of Attendance, fundraised a new softball stadium, new Outdoor Track and Field, and an IPF that will be $50 million dollars, that's as much as Gene Taylor raised for the entire SHAC and it didn't take him a decade. Matt also got us an Oregon game, Arizona and 2 games in Minneapolis. Once could argue, Matt had surpassed Gene Taylor much like Klieman surpassed Bohl. But Klieman wouldn't have had the same success without Bohl.

Gotta give Todd Phelps credit for that too but Matt hired him

Edit: We also remodeled the locker rooms, team meeting room, coaching offices upgrades, Dacotah Field remodeled with turf and built new volleyball locker rooms and coaching offices. Oh and he was also the AD when we moved to the Big 12 in wrestling. Sheet, he even got beer in the SHAC

He's openly said if an invite came, we would take a look at it
    Yea, well what has he done today?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    How the hell would he be able to keep it under wraps if it was indeed talked about? Nothing can be kept secret in ND with our open records laws. It's one of the reasons very few top candidates want to work here!

That said ML should be out in front on this and proactively seeking a FB only invite at the very least. Not doing so is being asleep at the wheel and a piss poor AD.
    Being generally open, and being open with McF are two different things. McF has a blow horn and is an idiot who would likely s few things up. So no, I would not say a word to him. But if you think ML isn’t in communication with the MW, you are nieve.

How is it different than Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC? That was not made public until an invite was imminent. When that happened I read that there had been months of discussion behind the scenes leading up to that. If anything, I'd expect it to be easier to keep a relatively low profile discussion like NDSU to the MWC under wraps the same way.

Realize that if NDSU starts to openly talk about wishes and wants, it leads to a ton of speculation by everyone, which isn’t necessarily healthy. Typically when you pursue something, you do a lot of behind the scenes work and them provide information at the appropriate time.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Being generally open, and being open with McF are two different things. McF has a blow horn and is an idiot who would likely s few things up. So no, I would not say a word to him. But if you think ML isn’t in communication with the MW, you are nieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    How is it different than Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC? That was not made public until an invite was imminent. When that happened I read that there had been months of discussion behind the scenes leading up to that. If anything, I'd expect it to be easier to keep a relatively low profile discussion like NDSU to the MWC under wraps the same way.
    So you guys think ML has a burner phone and email he's using for these discussions? You guys know how open record requests work right? Yeah I'm sure everything he has discussed with the MW was face to face........so where did those meetings take place?

So you guys think ML has a burner phone and email he's using for these discussions? You guys know how open record requests work right? Yeah I'm sure everything he has discussed with the MW was face to face........so where did those meetings take place?
    I don't know... and I'd wager no one else weighing in on this thread does either. But they have open record requests in Texas and Oklahoma too not to mention a lot more local and national press to avoid yet they pulled off a much bigger move with nothing leaking to the public until months after serious discussions had began and a move was imminent.

I don't think there's any requirement for 12 teams to have a conference title game. Logistically that works better but the Big 12 has had a conference title game for the last few years with 10 teams in the league.
    The requirement for a conference to have 12 teams in order to stage a championship game resulted in the Big 12 halting its championship game after the 2010 season, as the conference contracted to 10 members in 2011 (while retaining its name).

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The requirement for a conference to have 12 teams in order to stage a championship game resulted in the Big 12 halting its championship game after the 2010 season, as the conference contracted to 10 members in 2011 (while retaining its name).

Looks like that was changed in 2016 (mainly at the behest of the Big 12): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_12_Championship_Game

It looks like the stipulation is that any conference with fewer than 12 teams that wants to play a championship game has to play a full round robin schedule (for some reason).

I don't know... and I'd wager no one else weighing in on this thread does either. But they have open record requests in Texas and Oklahoma too not to mention a lot more local and national press to avoid yet they pulled off a much bigger move with nothing leaking to the public until months after serious discussions had began and a move was imminent.
    And we know this how? It's quite possible that TX and OK AD's got together and decided to make the move after one meeting. I mean everyone knows the SEC would jump at adding both those schools whenever they wanted aboard.