Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: If Larson did have contact with the MW?

Default Re: If Larson did have contact with the MW?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    UND and USD can't move up because their stadiums don't hold the minimum attendance requirements. You can't average 15K with max capacity of 12,283 or 10K in Vermillion.

The UNI dome can hit 17K with standing room
    Then we could move our super stadium from Hillsboro to the ND/SD line on on I-29 and have all 4 schools use the same stadium. UND gets all of the Tuesday and Thursday night games.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Then we could move our super stadium from Hillsboro to the ND/SD line on on I-29 and have all 4 schools use the same stadium. UND gets all of the Tuesday and Thursday night games.

It would be nice to make a move with SDSU but I'm not willing to wait for them if it means NDSU gets left out of the current realignment window. Ideally NDSU and SDSU would get FB only invites someplace so we can keep our other sports in the more regional Summit League. I'd also be all for us and other FCS schools that are interested in making a move to seek waivers to become Indy's with a scheduling alliance and eventually form our own FBS conference similar to the formation of the Great West Football Conference that we started when we made the FCS move.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    If you built it just north of Dakota Magic you could get a pretty hefty contribution to the constructions costs I bet...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If you built it just north of Dakota Magic you could get a pretty hefty contribution to the constructions costs I bet...
    Ooh ooh we could call it the Dakota Dome and staff it with indigenous peoples too!*

*absolutely no racist intent with this post**
    **even though we would be including those racists up north

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

AD ML had better be playing some solid chess back in his office with this FBS thing. I wouldn’t even be mad about the mind games as long as he does it. I’m so tired of NDSU not being a serious mention in any alignment scenarios and to top it all off, we get to watch JMU celebrate their upcoming move all while the FCS getting a lot weaker. “A lot” can’t be overstated.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Ooh ooh we could call it the Dakota Dome and staff it with indigenous peoples too!*

*absolutely no racist intent with this post**
    **even though we would be including those racists up north
    Call it the Siouxper dome and you'll get more money from the school up north.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    AD ML had better be playing some solid chess back in his office with this FBS thing. I wouldn’t even be mad about the mind games as long as he does it. I’m so tired of NDSU not being a serious mention in any alignment scenarios and to top it all off, we get to watch JMU celebrate their upcoming move all while the FCS getting a lot weaker. “A lot” can’t be overstated.
    Where I'm at with FCS is that I'm just not interested in it. If NDSU stays FCS, it will be like wrestling or track for me. Of course I'll wish the team the very best and I'll be happy for them when I hear that they are successful. But I just won't be watching or following them. I've only watched NDSU football a little bit this season as it is. I can't help it...I'm not interested in FCS. I know this is blasphemy to many, but I don't actually think I'm alone.

NDSU is making a mistake if it doesn't find a way to move up. What's more, they should make their intentions known. Even if it takes a couple years, by publicly stating a desire and commitment to move up, then fans like me can watch the team in the knowledge they intend to be FBS someday and that every game is potential fodder for the audition reel.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 10-22-2021 at 06:16 PM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Where I'm at with FCS is that I'm just not interested in it. If NDSU stays FCS, it will be like wrestling or track for me. Of course I'll wish the team the very best and I'll be happy for them when I hear that they are successful. But I just won't be watching or following them. I've only watched NDSU football a little bit this season as it is. I can't help it...I'm not interested in FCS. I know this is blasphemy to many, but I don't actually think I'm alone.

NDSU is making a mistake if it doesn't find a way to move up. What's more, they should make their intentions known. Even if it takes a couple years, by publicly stating a desire and commitment to move up, then fans like me can watch the team in the knowledge they intend to be FBS someday and that every game is potential fodder for the audition reel.
    What if they have made their intentions known and there are no takers? The AAC offered 4 MW schools slots and they didn’t budge?? Even Boise after Harsin griped all year didn’t budge tells me MWC isnt going to change unless Boise gets a P5 spot or other teams bolt which I don’t see happening either.

That leaves a dying CUSA and the MAC. Not exactly great conferences but good news we easily are West Division champs for a long time. Sun Belt just would be a big step outside their foot print liken WVU to Big 12.

Independent seems like a stretch if Notre Dame is in a conference you know those days are numbered. BYU was begging P5 schools but didnt have any takers until the Big 12 got desperate. Liberty can make it work because they got boosters and don’t give a dangabout being a pariah until people forget who Falwell is and was ..and then I can see them joining an Va school flavored CUSA or maybe even AAC.

I think if CUSA or MAC does offer we might as well jump it’s time to forget about the MWC rather than be embarrassed when they offer UTEP and NMSU instead.

CUSA might evem let us bring one ugly sister like SDSU with us but I don’t think we work too hard to make it happen, kind of like when your ugly sister ask if you will set her up with one of your friends. Then maybe the Brookings crew can stop celebrating their spring runner up status like they achieved something more than ISUs 15 effort, and actually win a natty while we are in FBS.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS