Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: If Larson did have contact with the MW?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: If Larson did have contact with the MW?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    UND and USD can't move up because their stadiums don't hold the minimum attendance requirements. You can't average 15K with max capacity of 12,283 or 10K in Vermillion.

The UNI dome can hit 17K with standing room
    Perfect. I call you.

Lardsin must go!

I very intentionally left out UND/USD for the reasons mentioned.....those reasons, plus fuck UND.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would be happy to make a move with SDSU to any conference together and keep the intense rivalry going.

Also, fuck UND

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    I would be happy to make a move with SDSU to any conference together and keep the intense rivalry going.

Also, fuck UND
    I would too. Mostly because they are the only one worthy within the MVFC and imo if we move up with 3,4 or 5 other teams NDSU will be handcuffed to all those teams for many, many years to come. If you want NDSU to have a short stint at a bottom level G5 with the hope of proving themselves and moving into a higher level G5, moving with a bunch of regionals is not the path.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I would too. Mostly because they are the only one worthy within the MVFC and imo if we move up with 3,4 or 5 other teams NDSU will be handcuffed to all those teams for many, many years to come. If you want NDSU to have a short stint at a bottom level G5 with the hope of proving themselves and moving into a higher level G5, moving with a bunch of regionals is not the path.
    Why not? I would think it would easier for NDSU to move from the bottom tier of the G5 to the middle/upper tier of the G5 solo or with one other school than it would be to move from FCS to the bottom tier of the G5 solo or with one other school. I'm not saying the MVFC should move up as a whole but I think if a conference were willing to take NDSU/SDSU and the Montana schools and they all move FBS as a group that would be ideal.

UND and USD can't move up because their stadiums don't hold the minimum attendance requirements. You can't average 15K with max capacity of 12,283 or 10K in Vermillion.

The UNI dome can hit 17K with standing room
    This requirement was in the 00s and never enforced and won’t be now its when they were trying to get rid of the likes of Idaho and Rice. Hawaii’s Aloha Stadium was condemned. They play at an old track stadium that seats max 9000 if they can have fans which gatherings have been banned still by the Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbythelake View Post
    This requirement was in the 00s and never enforced and won’t be now its when they were trying to get rid of the likes of Idaho and Rice. Hawaii’s Aloha Stadium was condemned. They play at an old track stadium that seats max 9000 if they can have fans which gatherings have been banned still by the Governor.
    Big difference between giving exceptions, and not qualifying from the get go.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Big difference between giving exceptions, and not qualifying from the get go.
    Exceptions have been and will be made not saying USD or UND deserve them just the fact no one enforced the rule then and they sure as hell won’t now.

UND and USD have more reasons to be rejected than just their seating.

We have a lame-duck President right now (not dissing on Greanfield and his merganser issue). Horrible timing for that. I feel like we are gonna get left behind as a result. Not to mention ND politics.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Why not? I would think it would easier for NDSU to move from the bottom tier of the G5 to the middle/upper tier of the G5 solo or with one other school than it would be to move from FCS to the bottom tier of the G5 solo or with one other school. I'm not saying the MVFC should move up as a whole but I think if a conference were willing to take NDSU/SDSU and the Montana schools and they all move FBS as a group that would be ideal.
    I think the "politics" of leaving that core group that moved up together would hold us down.