Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
As much as I rip on our play calling and the repetitive QB runs on first, third and fourth down I do think QP isn't reading the field well/fast enough and is taking off. It's better than early in the year when he was waiting to be sacked but if he can read things better or gain some confidence in what he is seeing it MIGHT make the overall play calling feel a bit better. I don't know how many of those 18 QB runs were called plays vs audibles vs QP taking off.

With that I would say if this is the case as the OC should be aware the QB has run that many times regardless of play call and adjust. IMO
The only game I attended this year was UNI. In the intermediate and short passing game the ball needs to be delivered when the receivers are coming out of their cuts. QP was late on a most of those throws and a couple of times the receivers almost had their heads taken off. But...this is something most young QB,s improve on with experience. He made some nice throws early at ISUr.
Is he taking off running early in the passing game. Yep, another trait of an athletic inexperienced QB. All in all, I have a bigger gripe on our play calling than I do our QB play.