Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Quincy Patterson vs Easton Stick (2016)

Default Quincy Patterson vs Easton Stick (2016)

Andy on Bison 1660 had a great bit today comparing QP2 to Easton Sticks first full season as a starter in 2016. You can listen to the podcast here https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...2021-full-show

For reference, Easton had 2 full years (3 Fall Camps) including a redshirt year, played 8 games when Carson went down, and then started his 3rd year. QP2 has only been here for 10 months, only had 1 fall camp, and last year he really only ran the scout team.

As you can see, they aren't that far off. I think Easton was slightly better in early 2016 but he also had much more experience in our system and learned behind a veteran QB in Wentz.
    I'm of the opinion that QP2 is trending in the right direction and we haven't scratched the surface on his potential. I think he has the potential to be one of the all time greats but it will take some time. We know he has a rocket arm and the athleticism.

QP2 unfortunately will be unfairly compared to Trey Lance and one of the best seasons in college football history, but remember Trey had a full red shirt season to learn behind Easton Stick and he's playing in the NFL for a reason.

Through 6 games... (comparing Easton in 2016 to QP2)
    I typed these as I as listening to the podcast.

Completion Percentage
    QP2 - 58.8%
    Easton* - 58% (entire season)

Passing Yards Per Game
    QP2 - 120
    Easton - 166

Passing TD
    Easton - 9
    QP2 - 6

Picks*
    Easton - 2
    QP2-* 3

Rushing YPC
    QP 5.2
    ES 5.8

Rushing YPG
    QP2 - 61
    Easton - 48

Rushing TD
    QP2 - 5 TD
    Easton 7 (entire season)

I'll even add on to his stats

Efficiency Rating
    QP2 - 147.8
    Easton -142.2 (full season)
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-21-2021 at 09:31 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Quincy Patterson vs Easton Stick (2016)

Now let's compare quarterback runs on 3rd down.

QP2: 478
    Easton: 6 (entire season)
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Also worth noting that the 2016 schedule was brutal. QP has only played cupcakes (Ill St probably a decent defense)

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Also worth noting that the 2016 schedule was brutal. QP has only played cupcakes (Ill St probably a decent defense)
    The stat comparison is cool but it doesn't pass the eye check for me either. Easton had something special, even that first year when we was figuring it all out. He had an explosiveness to his runs that QP just doesn't have.

Nothing against QP either. It's not really fair to compare him to the guy who is arguably (and yes, I will argue) the GOAT.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Without question that year was tough early on although we've been on the road 3 times already and we're 6-0

Although looking back he got Misery State when they were truly Misery State, a 500 Illinos State team who missed the playoffs and a Charleston Southern team that barely made the playoffs and lost a 1st round game

We squeaked by Iowa, lost to SDSU at home and beat Eastern Washington back when they had a big fluffy defense

Although Albany is much worse than we thought and we only threw 5 passes vs Valpo
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-21-2021 at 10:10 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

I listened to that segment too and was a bit perplexed at some of the points he was trying to make. He made it sound like Quincy this year averaging 30 yards per game less than Easton in 2016 in combined offense wasn't a big deal but that's pretty significant (about 15% less). He also has Easton's yards per carry goofed up... I think on air he said it was 4.8 but he was probably looking at King Frazier's line on the stats page as Easton averaged 6.1 per carry that year (https://stats.gobison.com/custompage...6/teamcume.htm) which is almost a full yard per carry higher than Quincy's average this year.

In general I think Easton was a better runner... just more explosive and elusive but Quincy is more powerful. I look at those stats and think Easton in 2016 was superior but Quincy is close. I also think Quincy has a more talented supporting cast this year than Easton had in 2016. I do think Quincy is a net positive for this team at QB which is all they really need him to be... I'd just like to see him take advantage of the talent around him a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I listened to that segment too and was a bit perplexed at some of the points he was trying to make. He made it sound like Quincy this year averaging 30 yards per game less than Easton in 2016 in combined offense wasn't a big deal but that's pretty significant (about 15% less). He also has Easton's yards per carry goofed up... I think on air he said it was 4.8 but he was probably looking at King Frazier's line on the stats page as Easton averaged 6.1 per carry that year (https://stats.gobison.com/custompage...6/teamcume.htm) which is almost a full yard per carry higher than Quincy's average this year.

In general I think Easton was a better runner... just more explosive and elusive but Quincy is more powerful. I look at those stats and think Easton in 2016 was superior but Quincy is close. I also think Quincy has a more talented supporting cast this year than Easton had in 2016. I do think Quincy is a net positive for this team at QB which is all they really need him to be... I'd just like to see him take advantage of the talent around him a little more.
    Quincy only threw 4 passes vs Valpo so they are definitely not inflated.

Talent on the 2 teams is similar. This year has a better defense but that offense had a more experienced backs in Dunn, King and Morlock. Shep and RJ were solid but not as athletic

I would say Easton is quicker and shiftier but Quincy has a way stronger arm. He's also just a bigger guy. We can win with both

Easton Stick's legacy, records and contributions to Bison football are not likely to be surpassed. That being said, shorter term performances may outshine, but Easton at a minimum is the gold standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Now let's compare quarterback runs on 3rd down.

QP2: 478
    Easton: 6 (entire season)
    Hahaha yes!

Quote Originally Posted by gabisonfan View Post
    Easton Stick's legacy, records and contributions to Bison football are not likely to be surpassed. That being said, shorter term performances may outshine, but Easton at a minimum is the gold standard.
    Well.. all time most wins in the history of college football is a tough one to beat. It would take 4 years and 4 National Championship runs without getting hurt

But Andy's point was Easton wasn't the same player his first year starting he was his last 2 years