Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison with Long road to hoe

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Bison with Long road to hoe

My wife and I traveled down and went to the UNI game.

Something a lot of people probably don't want to hear but we are a long way off before we can field a team to compete with UNI.

UNI has the best coach/coaching staff in the conference. It will take us four good recruiting classes to even get close to the talent they have. They are playing a lot of young players this year and will be much better next year.

UNI will have a legitimate shot at winning it all next year. Their o-line/d-line dominated us. We don't have a playmaker on offense like #4.

If you went position by position we would have very few players that could start for that squad. Also they had guys get hurt. Or even a few back-ups starting. They didn't miss a beat...

It was a real eye opener for me. It gives us something to shoot for but as of right now we need to start this spring with a major recruiting class. We don't need another RB from Fargo South. We need a playmaker from Florida/Texas a game changer...

Just my humble opinon..anyone else who was at the game see what I saw??

Default Re: Bison with Long road to hoe

No, our team last year or in 2006 competes with that team just fine. Just my two cents.

This team is not executing and that will make any team look markedly better. I also think we are lacking the physicality of past Bison teams.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    No, our team last year or in 2006 competes with that team just fine. Just my two cents.

This team is not executing and that will make any team look markedly better. I also think we are lacking the physicality of past Bison teams.
    I agree with you....well said, I think we could of played with them last year as well!
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    I agree with you....well said, I think we could of played with them last year as well!
    no doubt about it... our team of the last two years would prolly beat them, but that's besides the point. There's a lot of factors that attribute to why were struggling... injuries, QB troubles, offensive line, exectuting, play calling... other stuff as well.

But one thing some of us need to look at is this team has been in every game, it would be a lot different if we were getting blow out. We make a few adjustments here and there and some of these losses could've been avoided... but the thing is this team isn't executing.

It seems to me that our running back from West Fargo is doing far better than our back from Texas. When NDSU stops recruiting the Dakotas and Minnesota it will cease to be North Dakota football. That's not something I hope to ever see.

As for UNI. I can't, and won't take anything away from them. But bottom line is the defense played solid in the second half. Turn overs, miscues, penalties and just lack of heart cost us a legit chance at a comeback.

We don't need a "play maker" from Florida. We need to get back to basics.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I;m kind of confused. UNI is a good team, however they aren't a great team by any means. They beat us by 10 points. At home. If Shamen was healthy, who knows. I don't think UNI was that much better than we were. If we would've switched QB's with them we would have won. As bad as our oline was, UNI's pass rush isn't anything great. They only had 260 yards of total offense. It's more of a mental thing with our team now and every negative thing we do is getting put under a microscope. It's getting borderline ridiculious.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Why didn't you suit "them" up Sat night, clown? It is 2008 and on 10/18/08, it was the boys against the men!

Steel, you sound like a great fan and knowledgeable football person. I tried to make those same points on Sat night to the BisonBillys who kept telling me this is a rebuilding year for you.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherHawk Says Hey Spud View Post
    Why didn't you suit "them" up Sat night, clown? It is 2008 and on 10/18/08, it was the boys against the men!

Steel, you sound like a great fan and knowledgeable football person. I tried to make those same points on Sat night to the BisonBillys who kept telling me this is a rebuilding year for you.
    Dude- You guys won the game. I'll give you that. But don't go spouting off about how great you guys are just yet. Men against boys? Please. as MG said above, you beat us by 10 points at home and had a total of 250+ yards to our 230. We turned the ball over 5 times for crying out loud. You were completely shut down in the 2nd half. Zip. Nothing. In fact I think you had somewhere around 50 yards from scrimmage in the entire second half. For the game you were only 1 for 3 in the red zone yet your average field position was your own 47 yard line. You were only 5 for 17 on third down conversions, just under 30%. 4 of your 8 second half positions were for negative yards. And I think I saw something like 4th and goal from the 40 somthing yard line didn't I? I don't think I've ever seen a punt on 4th and goal before. Stats like that are not exactly marks of a great team.

So before you go kicking dirt in our face, take your win and walk away. Because the truth is you guys weren't that good. Just good enough to beat us that night. Men against boys? Hardly...

We will do fine in the MVFC and against UNI.....just maybe not this year.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We're not that far off. Look at Cal Poly 2005 vs. Cal Poly 2006. After the whooping Poly put on us in 05 I would have said we were 5 years from being able to compete with them. 06 we beat them by about 40. Football's a funny game; sometimes for strange reason teams don't play anywhere near their potential. This appears to be that year for the Bison.