Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 7 Preview: Missouri State

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Game 7 Preview: Missouri State

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    As much as I rip on our play calling and the repetitive QB runs on first, third and fourth down I do think QP isn't reading the field well/fast enough and is taking off. It's better than early in the year when he was waiting to be sacked but if he can read things better or gain some confidence in what he is seeing it MIGHT make the overall play calling feel a bit better. I don't know how many of those 18 QB runs were called plays vs audibles vs QP taking off.

With that I would say if this is the case as the OC should be aware the QB has run that many times regardless of play call and adjust. IMO
    The only game I attended this year was UNI. In the intermediate and short passing game the ball needs to be delivered when the receivers are coming out of their cuts. QP was late on a most of those throws and a couple of times the receivers almost had their heads taken off. But...this is something most young QB,s improve on with experience. He made some nice throws early at ISUr.
    Is he taking off running early in the passing game. Yep, another trait of an athletic inexperienced QB. All in all, I have a bigger gripe on our play calling than I do our QB play.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Game 7: Missouri State

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    It's a model that can and will be highly successful in the MVFC. We've lived for many years with coaches that hoped to build a program in a similar model to the Dakota schools. It doesn't work in a state like Missouri which is recruited over extensively at all levels. It's hard to find that hidden gem out there. You end up with a bunch of kids from CBC, DeSmet, Chaminade, Staley, Platte County, Lamar, and Webb City that were passed over by G5 schools and you are fighting with the Pitt States and Northwest Missouris to try and get them. That is no longer the case. We are loading up on men who have played at places like the Rose Bowl, The Coliseum, Autzen Stadium, Jordan Hare, War Memorial Stadium, etc. Guys who played at P5 or G5 schools and it just didn't work out. You combine that with a great coaching staff with extensive experience in the ACC, SEC, and also the NFL and you have something special. This has all come together quicker than anticipated, winning the conference in year one was more than we envisioned.

NDSU has amazing support and culture, but athletes and playmakers beat culture every time. Jason Browne at Independence CC said something like that on Last Chance U. We're still building the community and even institutional support, but we have the ballplayers now. Homefield advantage counts for quite a bit on Saturday and this particular NDSU team is the best team in this conference in my opinion but it's no longer a matter of if. It's when. I expect to make the playoffs and make some noise.
    I don’t know about culture, but I do believe that “TEAM trumps individual talent.” We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I don’t know about culture, but I do believe that “TEAM trumps individual talent.” We will see.
    If it's all the same, I'd prefer to not to delve into politics here. Not sure the former president really factors into our game if I am being completely honest with you.

I am glad you brought up culture and quoted that particular post though. I had forgotten it. Jason Brown's book (Hate Me Now, Love Me Later) is a great book on coaching at the JUCO level, melding youngsters of all walks of life together, and life in general. It's available on Amazon for less than $20 I believe. I highly recommend it.

From the responses I am getting from others it seems I might have come in a little too hot with my culture and transfer takes. I admire the culture of Bison football that was fostered by the current Wyoming coach and continued with the K-State coach, and now with Entz. Petrino has been on the job about 20 months. I am sure he too would love to emulate Bison culture but he hasn't yet had the opportunity. As his career continues in SGF, I feel like he will also establish a great culture and esprit de corpse as well.

The Bison culture goes back to the 1960s if we are being honest.

If it's all the same, I'd prefer to not to delve into politics here. Not sure the former president really factors into our game if I am being completely honest with you.

I am glad you brought up culture and quoted that particular post though. I had forgotten it. Jason Brown's book (Hate Me Now, Love Me Later) is a great book on coaching at the JUCO level, melding youngsters of all walks of life together, and life in general. It's available on Amazon for less than $20 I believe. I highly recommend it.

From the responses I am getting from others it seems I might have come in a little too hot with my culture and transfer takes. I admire the culture of Bison football that was fostered by the current Wyoming coach and continued with the K-State coach, and now with Entz. Petrino has been on the job about 20 months. I am sure he too would love to emulate Bison culture but he hasn't yet had the opportunity. As his career continues in SGF, I feel like he will also establish a great culture and esprit de corpse as well.
    Make no mistake about it, Petrino has no intention of building a culture at Missouri. He is in a win at the moment mentality. Sure, there is no doubt that he is a very good coach. But his only goal is to build up a resume that will get him back into the FBS level. He will take any player he can get or is the next best thing in order to win and make himself look good. All you need to do is look at his past and you can see that he is all about himself.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    The Bison culture goes back to the 1960s if we are being honest.
    Not for anti-boomers. They’d take down pics of Jeff Bentrim, Tony Satter, Chad Stark, etc.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Kind of agree CAS. But look what names are being mentioned for finishing the IPF phase 2. Mostly dudes from the 60s. Not as many of them left every day. One of them from reunion weeeknd Vs Valpo now fighting for his life after heart attack 1 month later. Sucks.

To clarify. Not one of the named in IPF article. Don’t want to start rumors.

Darrell Mudra you ignorant twat.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am glad you brought up culture and quoted that particular post though. I had forgotten it. Jason Brown's book (Hate Me Now, Love Me Later) is a great book on coaching at the JUCO level, melding youngsters of all walks of life together, and life in general. It's available on Amazon for less than $20 I believe. I highly recommend it
    Ok, he (or someone) wrote a book. That same JUCO success went from 9-2 to 2-8 in a single year using the "philosophies" he espoused. Brown is still a coaching loser that managed to jump from one JUCO to another with a final stop at ICC.