Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 7 Preview: Missouri State

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Game 7 Preview: Missouri State

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    They are excited about their team, as fans should be.
    Will they win? I’m from Missouri. Gotta show me.
    Yeah, nothing wrong with being excited. And I do appreciate good insight from fans from opposing teams. I've just seen visitors on Bisonville get jumped on for far less. I mean, "athleticism trumps culture (tradition)"??? Thems fight'n words around these parts, no? How many times have we heard from other fans that their speed and athleticism and whatever SEC or Big10 conference their guys used to play for are going to be the difference in the upcoming game? And then the Bison just do what the Bison do, win. I expect more of the same until I see what we have going on up here no longer working. 8 out of 10 championships.....bring on the Bears!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 16>1 View Post
    Yeah, nothing wrong with being excited. And I do appreciate good insight from fans from opposing teams. I've just seen visitors on Bisonville get jumped on for far less. I mean, "athleticism trumps culture (tradition)"??? Thems fight'n words around these parts, no? How many times have we heard from other fans that their speed and athleticism and whatever SEC or Big10 conference their guys used to play for are going to be the difference in the upcoming game? And then the Bison just do what the Bison do, win. I expect more of the same until I see what we have going on up here no longer working. 8 out of 10 championships.....bring on the Bears!!
    It's almost like NDSU has good athletes too or something.....

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    Microwave State!!! I love it! That is just about perfect. In all seriousness, thank you for that. I'd buy a t-shirt or merchandise with Microwave State on it.

I am not too high on Entz as a coach and have him in the Mike McCarthy/Larry Coker/George Seifert grouping but I watched that press conference yesterday and the reaction here feels very disproportionate. He's undefeated with a top 5 team and he takes some question from a reporter that goes something like this: Coach, people online are questioning the repetitive nature of the play-calling what do you have to say about that? I'd be like "What? We're 6-0. Who are these people that are saying that?" He's not going to call out his OC publicly. He's going to be supportive. I have some connections to Cape Girardeau and follow Southeast Missouri State pretty closely in the OVC. Their program is 2-5 right now and if you listen to the coach's show or their media availability, he takes much softer questions that the ones Entz gets. And they are 2-5. I admittedly don't think Entz is some football genius but I think he is decent. He's competent at the very least. He's getting some very pointed questions for a guy that is winning at a high level. Some measure of grace and patience should probably be afforded to him considering the roster and the fact he is undefeated. If Nick and Bobby P carve up that D this week and the offense looks unimaginative against Ryan Beard's vaunted Microwave State D then at that point some criticism might be warranted.
    -I like Entz. I disagree with him on a lot of stuff, but it doesn't mean I don't like him or think he's a bad coach. I just disagree with him on a lot. Seems like a good man and if he can keep our ship moving forward like it has the past decade, I couldn't be happier.
    -Probably overreacting. Like has been said, he probably would like to take that sentence back if he could. Maybe not? Who cares. Didn't sit right with me the way he said it. He spent a good couple minutes critiquing our defense which has been lights out all year, but then he gets asked about the offense and clams up and makes a snarky comment. Idk.
    -We're undefeated, but it's because our defense put in a pretty herculean effort against UND a couple weeks back. Our predictive playcalling almost cost us that game and a good portion of the fanbase is getting nervous about it.
    -NDSU and SEMO have nothing in common except for an FCS label. From fan base, to facilities/resources, to coaches' salary we are worlds apart. Comparing SEMO to NDSU would be similar to comparing NDSU to Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by 16>1 View Post
    They start talking about their speed, I say we ban them ��
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    They start talking about their speed, I say we ban them ��
    If there's one thing that keeps me up at night it's southern speed.

Well, that and "northern speed" aka scottie's barn meth.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our offense is averaging 130 ypg passing. Last spring we averaged a whopping 122 ypg through the air! From 2011 through 2019 we averaged around 180 ypg with a high of 200 in 2013 and a low of 167 in 2016, the year we didn’t win it all.
    We have always been a run first team but we need more balance on offense. Somebody should show these numbers to Entz!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    I'm not a QB expert by any stretch, but I watched QP on his drop backs against UNI and almost every time he seems to be just scanning the line to see where the pressure is going to come from, and not looking at his receivers downfield, until he's sure no defender is in his face. It just seems like his quick hitting plays are not going to be there yet when he's still watching for pressure. He didn't have the luxury of studying under Stick for a year to read defenses and call protections, maybe we are seeing some growing pains. Or, I could be wrong.
    This is a good point. He's the elder statesman in the QB room and he had one collegiate start and 52 collegiate pass attempts to his name coming into this fall. Really hoping it clicks for him soon when it comes to the short timing passes... he looked really good with that in the 1st quarter last Saturday and kinda seemed to go into a shell after that first redzone INT.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This is a good point. He's the elder statesman in the QB room and he had one collegiate start and 52 collegiate pass attempts to his name coming into this fall. Really hoping it clicks for him soon when it comes to the short timing passes... he looked really good with that in the 1st quarter last Saturday and kinda seemed to go into a shell after that first redzone INT.
    Yep before the int QP looked like he was getting into a groove. 7-9 over 80 yards at that point early in the 2nd qtr. I was thinking, that’s how you attack the defense when they sell out to stop the run. QP didn’t look the same after that and our play calling reverted back to its predictable repetitive offense.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep before the int QP looked like he was getting into a groove. 7-9 over 80 yards at that point early in the 2nd qtr. I was thinking, that’s how you attack the defense when they sell out to stop the run. QP didn’t look the same after that and our play calling reverted back to its predictable repetitive offense.
    As much as I rip on our play calling and the repetitive QB runs on first, third and fourth down I do think QP isn't reading the field well/fast enough and is taking off. It's better than early in the year when he was waiting to be sacked but if he can read things better or gain some confidence in what he is seeing it MIGHT make the overall play calling feel a bit better. I don't know how many of those 18 QB runs were called plays vs audibles vs QP taking off.

With that I would say if this is the case the OC should be aware the QB has run that many times regardless of play call and adjust. IMO
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 10-19-2021 at 10:07 PM.