Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 7 Preview: Missouri State

Default Re: 2021 Game 7 Preview: Missouri State

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I do think QP is one of the best QBs in FCS, just need to try some more quick hitting stuff with him and not to be afraid to attempt some deep shots with Watson/Sproles.
    His deep shot seems twice as accurate as his intermediate stuff. I don't know why we aren't taking shots over the top when they stack the box like last weekend.

It's not like we have two of the fastest receivers in FCS or anything.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not a QB expert by any stretch, but I watched QP on his drop backs against UNI and almost every time he seems to be just scanning the line to see where the pressure is going to come from, and not looking at his receivers downfield, until he's sure no defender is in his face. It just seems like his quick hitting plays are not going to be there yet when he's still watching for pressure. He didn't have the luxury of studying under Stick for a year to read defenses and call protections, maybe we are seeing some growing pains. Or, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I am sure the coaches do get some of the taste of what is being said on social media or the game broadcasts. The definition of professional is basically to blow that off and not air it out in a presser. A comment like that just makes places like Bville even more vitriolic toward you...like a bunch of alumni, many who are successful in their own right and may or may not give the school money or not) are not going to listen to that and take it well. If this game turns out to on the bad side...this place will burn down.
    I don't relate to any of this.

I sure won't lose my mind if NDSU loses a game this year as long as the effort is there, and I expect this to be a very tough game.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not sure I'm liking this vibe I'm getting from Bisonville right now. Some outsider is coming in here talking smack about our coach & team, and saying their team full of transfers is feeling pretty good about getting the Bison right now, and not having SDSU on the schedule, and we're just kind of agreeing with him and ripping on our coach along with this guy. How about we herd up and act like the Bison, the 16 time national champions. Sure, we can discuss our family issues in house and behind closed doors. But if someone comes in and starts saying something about my momma I'm gonna punch them in the teeth.

I think we come out Saturday and we put together a 60 minute game and curb stomp the Bears. Sure, we've struggled on the road against some 3-4 D's, but we play differently at home. I'm gonna be there and doing my part, and hoping for another W however we're able to make it happen.

Bison 38
    Bears 13

Go Bison!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 16>1 View Post
    I'm not sure I'm liking this vibe I'm getting from Bisonville right now. Some outsider is coming in here talking smack about our coach & team, and saying their team full of transfers is feeling pretty good about getting the Bison right now, and not having SDSU on the schedule, and we're just kind of agreeing with him and ripping on our coach along with this guy. How about we herd up and act like the Bison, the 16 time national champions. Sure, we can discuss our family issues in house and behind closed doors. But if someone comes in and starts saying something about my momma I'm gonna punch them in the teeth.

I think we come out Saturday and we put together a 60 minute game and curb stomp the Bears. Sure, we've struggled on the road against some 3-4 D's, but we play differently at home. I'm gonna be there and doing my part, and hoping for another W however we're able to make it happen.

Bison 38
    Bears 13

Go Bison!
    I fully agree that the two MSU fans that showed up are WAY higher on their team vs NDSU than I think anyone should be. But, hey at least they have a reason to care about the team this year.

They can be as excited about the "building of their program" all they want but a team with 25-30% transfers will NEVER win a natty. Until the top blue blood programs move out of the FCS that is.

It's hard for me to be 100% confident this year in a beat down but I do feel like there is a high chance this game isn't as close as many fear it will be.
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 10-19-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

I sure won't lose my mind if NDSU loses a game this year as long as the effort is there, and I expect this to be a very tough game.
    Well it surely won't be handled well here. Winning 20-0 isn't always handled well here what do we think would happen with a loss. We are far from playoff ready, which is normal and okay. The problem is that the general attitude of the coaching staff seems flippant and somewhat arrogant. I said it before, but Entz's response seems Pelini-esque. He shouldn't forget that the program's most passionate fans are the ones wanting better from his offense. As far as winning, we've been perennial champions since he was coaching UNI's d-line through the downfall of their program. And for that matter Culhane shouldn't forget that the only ones listening to his little program are the rubes on bisonville. I don't go out in public insinuating my clients are fools when they expect better of me or my company, not sure why NDSU would be any different.

I honestly think it'd be better to lose this game than to keep plucking along with the apparent mentality that until we lose, playcalling doesn't have to change. We're halfway through the season and for a couple of our opponents the points we've scored against them is the least anyone's scored on them all year. This is made even more concerning by the fact that the defense and special teams are consistently handing the offense great field position. Our offense can't just expect to get the ball at midfield every drive and read option our way to the endzone against semifinal-level teams.

We are way too talented on offense to be running our QB 18 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Bison 38
    Bears 13

Go Bison!
    Idk who's agreeing with him. Most are just pissed off at the coach and saying that Missouri State is much improved. As far as Petrino's program goes, Microwave State has more talent than they ever have (lol not saying much) and if NDSU's offense plays like it did last weekend there's a decent chance we could be on the ropes. I, and probably everyone else, would consider NDSU to be the far better team.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

I don't disagree...many coaches before and I am sure many coaches after will make remarks in the press they regret whether it is immediately or later. I just didn't expect a statement like that from Entz, he seemed to be more professional than that.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Idk who's agreeing with him. Most are just pissed off at the coach and saying that Missouri State is much improved. As far as Petrino's program goes, Microwave State has more talent than they ever have (lol not saying much) and if NDSU's offense plays like it did last weekend there's a decent chance we could be on the ropes. I, and probably everyone else, would consider NDSU to be the far better team.
    Microwave State!!! I love it! That is just about perfect. In all seriousness, thank you for that. I'd buy a t-shirt or merchandise with Microwave State on it.

I am not too high on Entz as a coach and have him in the Mike McCarthy/Larry Coker/George Seifert grouping but I watched that press conference yesterday and the reaction here feels very disproportionate. He's undefeated with a top 5 team and he takes some question from a reporter that goes something like this: Coach, people online are questioning the repetitive nature of the play-calling what do you have to say about that? I'd be like "What? We're 6-0. Who are these people that are saying that?" He's not going to call out his OC publicly. He's going to be supportive. I have some connections to Cape Girardeau and follow Southeast Missouri State pretty closely in the OVC. Their program is 2-5 right now and if you listen to the coach's show or their media availability, he takes much softer questions that the ones Entz gets. And they are 2-5. I admittedly don't think Entz is some football genius but I think he is decent. He's competent at the very least. He's getting some very pointed questions for a guy that is winning at a high level. Some measure of grace and patience should probably be afforded to him considering the roster and the fact he is undefeated. If Nick and Bobby P carve up that D this week and the offense looks unimaginative against Ryan Beard's vaunted Microwave State D then at that point some criticism might be warranted.

Bison 38
    Bears 13

Go Bison!
    They are excited about their team, as fans should be.
    Will they win? I’m from Missouri. Gotta show me.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans