Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 7 Preview: Missouri State

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Game 7: Missouri State

looks like another game of our defense squaring up and stopping the offense. and then hoping our offense can actually move the ball competitively.

seems like this year's team is similar to one in the past where the defense can be nasty and great, but the offense is never really unleashed and dominates.

24-7 Bison

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    I remember Entz saying something after the game in the spring about how NDSU's freshmen were better than MSU's transfers. That quote has been posted all over the MSU lockerroom this week. I am not joking--I heard from one of the quality control coach's friends. Really dumb to hand out motivation like that but I guess the brains of the program live in Laramie and Manhattan now. Entz is like a knockoff version of Mike McCarthy.

I hope that Saturday is the day we finally get you all. It's been a long time coming. Don't think we are going to get too many chances until we are in another conference so I am very excited to get the W. I love all of the disrespect from the NDSU coaching staff and the Fargo media. It's an absolute godsend. Petrino is going to be very diplomatic, very Belichick like this week with the media. Not going to do anything to poke the hornet's nest.
    I'd be curious to see that quote. Got a link?

I don't ever hear what you're referring to, regardless of opponent. All I ever hear is them needing to go 1-0 this week, and trying to get better every day. I don't think NDSU is going to take Mo St lightly either, I don't see that kind of thing happening with this Bison team this year. Frankly, I think they know they have underperformed up to this point, and don't think they have arrived. Can't tell you the last time, if ever, I've been excited about a game against the Bears. Even looking at the schedule earlier this year I would've circled this one as an easy win....and with that line of thinking it's a good thing I'm just a fan and not a student athlete on the team I cheer for. Looing forward to Saturday!! Go Bison!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    their UCLA transfer WR is soo good
    Who is this UCLA transfer you are talking about? Lane transferred in from Western Kentucky and Scott is a transfer from Central Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by 16>1 View Post

I don't ever hear what you're referring to, regardless of opponent. All I ever hear is them needing to go 1-0 this week, and trying to get better every day. I don't think NDSU is going to take Mo St lightly either, I don't see that kind of thing happening with this Bison team this year. Frankly, I think they know they have underperformed up to this point, and don't think they have arrived. Can't tell you the last time, if ever, I've been excited about a game against the Bears. Even looking at the schedule earlier this year I would've circled this one as an easy win....and with that line of thinking it's a good thing I'm just a fan and not a student athlete on the team I cheer for. Looing forward to Saturday!! Go Bison!
    It was stated in the postgame interview after the game in Springfield. Perhaps he didn't know he was on air? Regardless I doubt K-State's coach disparaged SIU after their ballgame and I bet the coach at Wyoming didn't comment on the caliber of the players on the Northern Illinois Huskies team after that ballgame. Different culture in Fargo now. I doubt it impacts the game too much on Saturday but it is notable.

I remember Entz saying something after the game in the spring about how NDSU's freshmen were better than MSU's transfers. That quote has been posted all over the MSU lockerroom this week. I am not joking--I heard from one of the quality control coach's friends. Really dumb to hand out motivation like that but I guess the brains of the program live in Laramie and Manhattan now. Entz is like a knockoff version of Mike McCarthy.

I hope that Saturday is the day we finally get you all. It's been a long time coming. Don't think we are going to get too many chances until we are in another conference so I am very excited to get the W. I love all of the disrespect from the NDSU coaching staff and the Fargo media. It's an absolute godsend. Petrino is going to be very diplomatic, very Belichick like this week with the media. Not going to do anything to poke the hornet's nest.
    Call us when they hang a Bison helmet in the locker room and all dress in flannel and high heels
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by 16>1 View Post

It was stated in the postgame interview after the game in Springfield. Perhaps he didn't know he was on air? Regardless I doubt K-State's coach disparaged SIU after their ballgame and I bet the coach at Wyoming didn't comment on the caliber of the players on the Northern Illinois Huskies team after that ballgame. Different culture in Fargo now. I doubt it impacts the game too much on Saturday but it is notable.

https://youtu.be/tZsxYW88dEs?t=6824

It seems obvious to me that Entz did not know they were love at the time BUT I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson about assuming the mic is always hot.

Bottom line, he said it and I'm sure every player on the Missouri St team has heard it and is using as fuel this week. I'm excited to see a decent Bears team come to the dome instead of the little hapless cubbies that have made the trip for so many years. We as fans might actually care to be loud if they can put up a decent fight.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    https://youtu.be/tZsxYW88dEs?t=6824

It seems obvious to me that Entz did not know they were love at the time BUT I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson about assuming the mic is always hot.

Bottom line, he said it and I'm sure every player on the Missouri St team has heard it and is using as fuel this week. I'm excited to see a decent Bears team come to the dome instead of the little hapless cubbies that have made the trip for so many years. We as fans might actually care to be loud if they can put up a decent fight.
    I mean.... he wasn't wrong.

I guess we'll find out Saturday whether our sophomores (or in some cases still freshmen) are still better than their transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I mean.... he wasn't wrong.

I guess we'll find out Saturday whether our sophomores (or in some cases still freshmen) are still better than their transfers.
    I think they have something like 17 transfers since then...

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I think they have something like 17 transfers since then...
    I heard Dom say this morning that they have a total of 30 transfers on that team. LOL

Default Re: 2021 Game 7 Preview: Missouri State

This is not the Mizzou State team of old. They are competitive and have shot at making playoffs.