Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: ISU-R Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-R Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

I’m also on the fence about going to the FBS and also tend to not like other dynasties like the Yankees, Patriots of recent years, or Alabama football.

Even when we were D-II, the Bison had more media coverage and fan support than most FCS teams.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    This is what I don't get about NDSU fans. Making it all the way to the championship game is a pretty big deal at pretty much any FCS school. If the people in Normal think that is something to celebrate then I think that's cool. If MSU did the same thing, I would anticipate seeing a similar banner. NDSU with their support, institutional advantages, and huge budget is pretty much like Danny Almonte playing in the Little League World Series. At one point NDSU was the little engine that could type of deal coming up from D2 to succeed in FCS with the larger schools. That ain't the case nowadays, NDSU is the local neighborhood bully with built in advantages on everyone in the MVFC. Maybe not on SDSU or UND or USD I don't know the schools very well that don't play basketball in the MVC. You're the Yankees in a sea of Devil Ray teams. I don't begrudge that. The USMNT has huge advantages over pretty much everyone in CONCACAF and I was thrilled when went into Honduras and won. U-S-A, U-S-A, all day. But I ain't going to mock Panama for celebrating making the World Cup the last time. That's a great accomplishment for a country in that weight class so to say.

The second part to this is FCS football is very regional. It is important in Fargo, Brookings or whatever the South Dakota State place is called, I think Huntsville, TX maybe, and Harrisonburg, VA. With realignment happening again I see rumors of JMU to the Sun Belt or CUSA, I even see some talk of Sam Houston going to USA maybe, and to be honest Missouri State is exploring that possibility too. Why do I get the feeling that JMU, SHSU, and Missouri State will get to FBS before NDSU? I know that geography plays a role and there are other institutional factors but from what I can tell NDSU loves being the big fish in the small pond. And again I don't begrudge that. If you want to be Danny Almonte when you should be playing HS JV ball and you opt to dominate the 6th and 7th graders, that is fine. But when the benchwarmers on the Danny Almonte team start heckling the kids on the other team? That's too much for me. It's unsightly. It's garish. It's kind of disgusting when you think of it. I am envious as hell of the support NDSU has and the fans seem nice but I love it when the Bison lose. I can't root for the Yankees and their payroll when they play the Rays.
    Gee, it sucks to be you. Bugs Bunny used to say, "If you can't beat em, join em."
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I’m also on the fence about going to the FBS and also tend to not like other dynasties like the Yankees, Patriots of recent years, or Alabama football.

Even when we were D-II, the Bison had more media coverage and fan support than most FCS teams.
    Locally we had more D2 coverage, but outside of North Dakota and Western Minnesota it was garbage. It was so bad, WDAY got the contract to broadcast the D2 National Championship. The last 2 years, the FBS National Championship was on ABC National TV. Think about how lowly D2 was

Our basketball team got more views on TNT when we played in the round of 32 than every D2 basketball game in history. Or how about playing Duke against Zion and leading for much or the 1st half?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Opie11 View Post
    Thanks for the well written post StecMSU. You were able to state what a lot of FCS fans likely feel in a clear, and as positive a way as possible given the situation. I've always hated the Yankees team, but respected almost all of their great players as individual players. It's just tiresome to see the same team win year after year when it's not "your" team. It at times feels like sometimes we as fans treat other FCS teams fans like the FBS schools we have played treated us. Dismissing us as Division II, no chance to win this game, don't have the caliber athletes we do, etc. There is no doubt in my mind that 100% of the fans from other FCS teams really enjoy seeing NDSU lose a game. And I can't blame them. I'm on the fence with wanting an FBS move because I love having a playoff system for the championship of whatever level we play at. I would love to play the games against FBS opponents all year, but getting sent to a minor bowl game as a reward for a good season doesn't seem like it would have the charm of going to playoff games to me. If there ever was the much discussed split of the FBS levels and a playoff system was started, for me, it would be a no brainer at that point to do everything possible to move up to that level. I have really enjoyed the games last spring and this fall a little more than some of the years where you expected the team to win nearly every game. It's exciting to sit down to watch a game and have real questions about whether the team will be able to put it together and come out with the W.

Edited to add: I see while I slowly typed out this response to your post, a good number of other Bison fans disagree! I guess it's just me that feels this way!
    I thank you for your earnest and genuine response. I don't think my post was particularly well written upon reflection but I appreciate your kindness. Making the move up to FBS is a very big decision and there are many, many variables. I was reading a post on the JMU board from a fan who said he was bored with all the winning in the CAA and if they didn't move up in this round of realignment, he was probably going to start checking out. But then if you move up and have a seemingly successful season, you get all these emails from your athletic department pleading with you to travel far to the south for the Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl or the TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl. I suppose that is success but it still feels weird.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    So if everyone under the sun knows the d is run blitz heavy why are our backs not instructed or coached to bounce it outside? I just don't get it. Help me out here. I feel like I need to go on Dr. Phil to vent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    After listening RB coach interview today, and after listening to Entz and TR the last few weeks, I’m convinced we are being way too analytical and technical on offense. Coaches need to just let players play a bit. Give players a chance to be athletic and make plays. IOW, let them do things for the reasons we recruited them.

Feels/seems like coaches are way to worried about little steps/techniques here and there rather than letting skill players play instinctively. For example, I can pretty much guarantee TW’s TD run last week was not designed. He took the handoff, instincts/vision told him to bounce outside left, and he did. I’m not endorsing TW as a feature back here (maybe he can be—IDK), but let players make plays rather than a hamstringing them pre-snap with a bunch of BS in their heads.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    After listening RB coach interview today, and after listening to Entz and TR the last few weeks, I’m convinced we are being way too analytical and technical on offense. Coaches need to just let players play a bit. Give players a chance to be athletic and make plays. IOW, let them do things for the reasons we recruited them.

Feels/seems like coaches are way to worried about little steps/techniques here and there rather than letting skill players play instinctively. For example, I can pretty much guarantee TW’s TD run last week was not designed. He took the handoff, instincts/vision told him to bounce outside left, and he did. I’m not endorsing TW as a feature back here (maybe he can be—IDK), but let players make plays rather than a hamstringing them pre-snap with a bunch of BS in their heads.
    Yep. Let athletes make plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro what analytics say call the same damn play every third down lol
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Bro what analytics say call the same damn play every third down lol
    TR’s Bro Brother from a different mother.

Where we at on the radio show and Bro-sponsers, Bro?

Need-seed? Think Bro-Seed.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

TR’s Bro Brother from a different mother.

Where we at on the radio show and Bro-sponsers, Bro?

Need-seed? Think Bro-Seed.
    We’re good bro scotties meth barn bought both prerolls and I figured we’d give the firm the 30 second spot to add users to the bro action suit against tony the tankie.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    We’re good bro scotties meth barn bought both prerolls and I figured we’d give the firm the 30 second spot to add users to the bro action suit against tony the tankie.
    Meanwhile, RBs get graded poorly by O-coaching staff for not stepping into the pile of shit that is caused by run-blitz. Follow the technique and metrics, do not sway from our coach-speak/mandates. If you make a great play/read, it’s despite of us coaches, and will not be rewarded with reps.

See that bench? Go sit on it after scoring 6 or running to daylight for 20. Unacceptable in our analytical/technical/bridled O. I mean, Roehl should have ran to sidelines and out of bounds on that swing pass/lateral throw against the Goofs, cuz it wasn’t designed to go for a long TD run.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO