Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-R Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-R Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    We all wondered what would happen when the participation trophy generation moved into marketing/middle management.

Dystopia.
    Playoff Participation Purple Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    We all wondered what would happen when the participation trophy generation moved into marketing/middle management.

Dystopia.
    This is what I don't get about NDSU fans. Making it all the way to the championship game is a pretty big deal at pretty much any FCS school. If the people in Normal think that is something to celebrate then I think that's cool. If MSU did the same thing, I would anticipate seeing a similar banner. NDSU with their support, institutional advantages, and huge budget is pretty much like Danny Almonte playing in the Little League World Series. At one point NDSU was the little engine that could type of deal coming up from D2 to succeed in FCS with the larger schools. That ain't the case nowadays, NDSU is the local neighborhood bully with built in advantages on everyone in the MVFC. Maybe not on SDSU or UND or USD I don't know the schools very well that don't play basketball in the MVC. You're the Yankees in a sea of Devil Ray teams. I don't begrudge that. The USMNT has huge advantages over pretty much everyone in CONCACAF and I was thrilled when went into Honduras and won. U-S-A, U-S-A, all day. But I ain't going to mock Panama for celebrating making the World Cup the last time. That's a great accomplishment for a country in that weight class so to say.

The second part to this is FCS football is very regional. It is important in Fargo, Brookings or whatever the South Dakota State place is called, I think Huntsville, TX maybe, and Harrisonburg, VA. With realignment happening again I see rumors of JMU to the Sun Belt or CUSA, I even see some talk of Sam Houston going to USA maybe, and to be honest Missouri State is exploring that possibility too. Why do I get the feeling that JMU, SHSU, and Missouri State will get to FBS before NDSU? I know that geography plays a role and there are other institutional factors but from what I can tell NDSU loves being the big fish in the small pond. And again I don't begrudge that. If you want to be Danny Almonte when you should be playing HS JV ball and you opt to dominate the 6th and 7th graders, that is fine. But when the benchwarmers on the Danny Almonte team start heckling the kids on the other team? That's too much for me. It's unsightly. It's garish. It's kind of disgusting when you think of it. I am envious as hell of the support NDSU has and the fans seem nice but I love it when the Bison lose. I can't root for the Yankees and their payroll when they play the Rays.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by StecMSU View Post
    This is what I don't get about NDSU fans. Making it all the way to the championship game is a pretty big deal at pretty much any FCS school. If the people in Normal think that is something to celebrate then I think that's cool. If MSU did the same thing, I would anticipate seeing a similar banner. NDSU with their support, institutional advantages, and huge budget is pretty much like Danny Almonte playing in the Little League World Series. At one point NDSU was the little engine that could type of deal coming up from D2 to succeed in FCS with the larger schools. That ain't the case nowadays, NDSU is the local neighborhood bully with built in advantages on everyone in the MVFC. Maybe not on SDSU or UND or USD I don't know the schools very well that don't play basketball in the MVC. You're the Yankees in a sea of Devil Ray teams. I don't begrudge that. The USMNT has huge advantages over pretty much everyone in CONCACAF and I was thrilled when went into Honduras and won. U-S-A, U-S-A, all day. But I ain't going to mock Panama for celebrating making the World Cup the last time. That's a great accomplishment for a country in that weight class so to say.

The second part to this is FCS football is very regional. It is important in Fargo, Brookings or whatever the South Dakota State place is called, I think Huntsville, TX maybe, and Harrisonburg, VA. With realignment happening again I see rumors of JMU to the Sun Belt or CUSA, I even see some talk of Sam Houston going to USA maybe, and to be honest Missouri State is exploring that possibility too. Why do I get the feeling that JMU, SHSU, and Missouri State will get to FBS before NDSU? I know that geography plays a role and there are other institutional factors but from what I can tell NDSU loves being the big fish in the small pond. And again I don't begrudge that. If you want to be Danny Almonte when you should be playing HS JV ball and you opt to dominate the 6th and 7th graders, that is fine. But when the benchwarmers on the Danny Almonte team start heckling the kids on the other team? That's too much for me. It's unsightly. It's garish. It's kind of disgusting when you think of it. I am envious as hell of the support NDSU has and the fans seem nice but I love it when the Bison lose. I can't root for the Yankees and their payroll when they play the Rays.
    I'm 38 and still play in the devils lake eagles basketball tournament 8th grade division every spring. We've never won. Got fifth one time. I know how you feel bud. Damn near did it 30 years in a row now eh.

Lardsin must go!

I don’t care what you think/feel, Bro (thanks Kevin).
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I don’t care what you think/feel, Bro (thanks Kevin).
    Ur welcome bro. Good post.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Lol I didn’t read any of that but I’m happy for u bro.

Or sorry. Depending.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So many letters, words, and sentences, yet in this post you say nothing at all.

I admire your skill.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    So many letters, words, and sentences, yet in this post you say nothing at all.

I admire your skill.
    The only thing defending that post is it’s length ... and maybe 1660 at some point.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The only thing defending that post is it’s length ... and maybe 1660 at some point.
    So if everyone under the sun knows the d is run blitz heavy why are our backs not instructed or coached to bounce it outside? I just don't get it. Help me out here. I feel like I need to go on Dr. Phil to vent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Thanks for the well written post StecMSU. You were able to state what a lot of FCS fans likely feel in a clear, and as positive a way as possible given the situation. I've always hated the Yankees team, but respected almost all of their great players as individual players. It's just tiresome to see the same team win year after year when it's not "your" team. It at times feels like sometimes we as fans treat other FCS teams fans like the FBS schools we have played treated us. Dismissing us as Division II, no chance to win this game, don't have the caliber athletes we do, etc. There is no doubt in my mind that 100% of the fans from other FCS teams really enjoy seeing NDSU lose a game. And I can't blame them. I'm on the fence with wanting an FBS move because I love having a playoff system for the championship of whatever level we play at. I would love to play the games against FBS opponents all year, but getting sent to a minor bowl game as a reward for a good season doesn't seem like it would have the charm of going to playoff games to me. If there ever was the much discussed split of the FBS levels and a playoff system was started, for me, it would be a no brainer at that point to do everything possible to move up to that level. I have really enjoyed the games last spring and this fall a little more than some of the years where you expected the team to win nearly every game. It's exciting to sit down to watch a game and have real questions about whether the team will be able to put it together and come out with the W.

Edited to add: I see while I slowly typed out this response to your post, a good number of other Bison fans disagree! I guess it's just me that feels this way!