Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-R Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-R Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

if Cody Mauch wants to be a TE, they should let him. He one handed a ball thrown out of bounds like it was nothing in the 4th quarter.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    if Cody Mauch wants to be a TE, they should let him. He one handed a ball thrown out of bounds like it was nothing in the 4th quarter.
    He would fit right in. Block, block, block and block again.

He would probably want to hang out on the sidelines more if he wanted to catch another ball.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BTW, put me in the camp the T Williams needs to play more. We need a guy who know how to hit the hole and make the right cut. To me, him and Bus are our best options right now with Gonnella not 100% and Hunter beat up.

ISU was no real threat but still…
    Why does TR go back and back again to the QB Power to the point everyone knows it’s coming but he does not go back to other plays that could work like the RB angle routes are they only practiced with Kobe? And he drops them and then we never want to go back to the when we are face blitzes? Why not throw it to Dom or Bus?

No deep shots to Watson should be criminal. At least once a qtr, we should pa max orotect and throw it deep or do a Hitch N Go out of a gun. Why just run that TD pattern in the red zone why not run it on 3rd and medium? Doesn’t always have to be Watson either Sproles or Nelson can run that, a te could as well. If QP can’t throw a screen can we try a shovel? Or even a speed option called pitch away from the blitz?

If Luepke can return it’s time to put the te/fb thing to bed he’s our #1 tb and should carry the load. Williams isn’t that far behind and I thought it was a joke when Jirik said that Dom was out with cramps in the second half. No Way he’s a professional athlete he knows what to do to take care of himself and oh btw the athletic trainer is Jim Kramer that was an excuse his ankle got jacked in the UND game and he’s not 100%.

Also the OL misses Blazek, Larson is ok but I don’t think he lights a fire like Blazek did you need someone to chew their butts and fire them up and it can’t always be Cordell. I still think Westerberg is the full time center and we bump Sundell over to guard with Kubas going back to the rotation with LaCaliento.

Tut is flying but against a good rpo team he may run himself out of position and Hankey still misses too many tackles for me to consider a legit Butkus watch candidate he’s a good FCS mlb but he’s not even Nick or Grant worthy yet

A win is a win and I will be happy if we win the Title with a shut down defense and ok offense but there is too much talent that is leaving too many points out there right now.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbythelake View Post
    ISU was no real threat but still…
    Why does TR go back and back again to the QB Power to the point everyone knows it’s coming but he does not go back to other plays that could work like the RB angle routes are they only practiced with Kobe? And he drops them and then we never want to go back to the when we are face blitzes? Why not throw it to Dom or Bus?

No deep shots to Watson should be criminal. At least once a qtr, we should pa max orotect and throw it deep or do a Hitch N Go out of a gun. Why just run that TD pattern in the red zone why not run it on 3rd and medium? Doesn’t always have to be Watson either Sproles or Nelson can run that, a te could as well. If QP can’t throw a screen can we try a shovel? Or even a speed option called pitch away from the blitz?

If Luepke can return it’s time to put the te/fb thing to bed he’s our #1 tb and should carry the load. Williams isn’t that far behind and I thought it was a joke when Jirik said that Dom was out with cramps in the second half. No Way he’s a professional athlete he knows what to do to take care of himself and oh btw the athletic trainer is Jim Kramer that was an excuse his ankle got jacked in the UND game and he’s not 100%.

Also the OL misses Blazek, Larson is ok but I don’t think he lights a fire like Blazek did you need someone to chew their butts and fire them up and it can’t always be Cordell. I still think Westerberg is the full time center and we bump Sundell over to guard with Kubas going back to the rotation with LaCaliento.

Tut is flying but against a good rpo team he may run himself out of position and Hankey still misses too many tackles for me to consider a legit Butkus watch candidate he’s a good FCS mlb but he’s not even Nick or Grant worthy yet

A win is a win and I will be happy if we win the Title with a shut down defense and ok offense but there is too much talent that is leaving too many points out there right now.
    He's setting up Stig.

Lardsin must go!

There is not nearly enough purple in the world to cover the above post.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    To me it almost feels like TR gets "tight" in his playcalling. If he feels we cannot lose, he's more open and tries more things. The tighter the game, the more conservative it feels. The UND game felt like one from the early 90s in terms of conservative play calling.
    I think this is just who we are again. After being spoiled by 2 years of Mess as OC & 1 with Lance at QB we're back doing what we did before that, keep things conservative while slowly sucking the life out of our opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    I think this is just who we are again. After being spoiled by 2 years of Mess as OC & 1 with Lance at QB we're back doing what we did before that, keep things conservative while slowly sucking the life out of our opponents.
    yep, we won 3 championships with a west coast offense.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    yep, we won 3 championships with a west coast offense.
    But we're not running a west coast offense anymore. WCO doesn't work if you're only completing 55% and running your QB 15-20 times a game. WCO is all about high percentage throws, getting the Tight Ends involved heavily, and then taking shots over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    But we're not running a west coast offense anymore. WCO doesn't work if you're only completing 55% and running your QB 15-20 times a game. WCO is all about high percentage throws, getting the Tight Ends involved heavily, and then taking shots over the top.
    I'm saying we don't need a big bombing 50 ppg offense.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯