Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-R Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-R Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Championship level defense
    Semifinalist level special teams
    1st round level offense
    First team out of the playoffs level coaching

This team is what it is. Is QP all of sudden a more accurate passer? Most times you would say it’s possible, if there are higher % routes in the gameplan, but he seems to be worse with those easier throws. Will TR figure anything out? Doubtful.
    Its complimentary football

Part of the reason our defense is great is because our offense chews up the clock and keeps them off the field. Today the defense helped the offense. The special teams helps both

We have the talent and the offense to win the National Championship. It's up to the coaches to use it correctly. Some of our studs only have 5 games left in their careers

BTW If you want to see other QBs... check out the guys who faced us. 5 sacks, no rushing yards, more picks than TDs

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Again, I readily admit I'm a rube but watching the talent go to waste on this offense is so frustrating! There are several things that seem obvious to my untrained eye:

1) Would it be so bad to throw it up to Watson, Gindorf, or Babicz in single coverage a few times? It seems like unless those guys are wide open Quincy just tucks it. Let your playmakers make plays... we saw it twice with ISUr's laughable pass offense that when they did that they got PI penalties. I'd guarantee more good things would happen than bad things if you just threw it at those guys if they're in single coverage.

2) We need more Tamerick Williams throughout the game and more Jalen Bussey on the edge as a change of pace. No offense to Kobe but he is not the type of back that should be doubling up those other two combined when when it comes to carries.

3) Wouldn't it make sense to throw a screen pass or 5 against a team that is blitzing on every single play?

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why can’t we simply run a play action pass to the TE over snd over against these blitzes. Or quickly leak the back out of the back field. Seems so simply but I am not an OC I guess.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Why can’t we simply run a play action pass to the TE over snd over against these blitzes. Or quickly leak the back out of the back field. Seems so simply but I am not an OC I guess.
    If it doesnt involve running the QB up the middle it has no place in TR playbook.

What are the odds we think TR is playing dumb? Saving the big stuff for SDSU with the idea that we don’t need it until then, and if we win that game then we’ll be home in the playoffs and SDSU will be on the road?

I mean look, someone is ALWAYS going to complain about playcalling. But right now it’s EVERYONE complaining about playcalling. Moved into a house today so I wasn’t paying attention between plays, but there was two or three times where I looked back up and thought I was watching a replay of the previous QB draw. This all after QP got blasted in the first half and was limping when I saw. What the heck is going on
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    What are the odds we think TR is playing dumb? Saving the big stuff for SDSU with the idea that we don’t need it until then, and if we win that game then we’ll be home in the playoffs and SDSU will be on the road?

I mean look, someone is ALWAYS going to complain about playcalling. But right now it’s EVERYONE complaining about playcalling. Moved into a house today so I wasn’t paying attention between plays, but there was two or three times where I looked back up and thought I was watching a replay of the previous QB draw. This all after QP got blasted in the first half and was limping when I saw. What the heck is going on
    The odds are so good, Kevin would bet on them<—-do the math there.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

If the bolded is true I worry about it more than I am comforted by it. I got the feeling this mentality (if it was the case) bit them in the ass in the spring if they had a grand scheme to continue trotting out Zeb Noland at QB so they could wait until the SDSU game to bust out Cam Miller and give him hardly any game reps to get ready for it. The whole notion that they're holding back something waiting for the "biggest game" just doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't you want to put exotic plays/packages on tape that SDSU will have to prepare for? Couldn't you run some creative plays against the Illinois St's of the world to give your guys some game reps to make them more comfortable with those plays instead of waiting until the biggest game to unveil them? Or even better, couldn't you run a variation of those plays (what happened to delta formation???) against SDSU?

Personally I think we're giving them too much credit to say they're holding things back for SDSU. In 2019 they had the most unimaginative offensive game plan of the entire season against SDSU and that was with Trey Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If the bolded is true I worry about it more than I am comforted by it. I got the feeling this mentality (if it was the case) bit them in the ass in the spring if they had a grand scheme to continue trotting out Zeb Noland at QB so they could wait until the SDSU game to bust out Cam Miller and give him hardly any game reps to get ready for it. The whole notion that they're holding back something waiting for the "biggest game" just doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't you want to put exotic plays/packages on tape that SDSU will have to prepare for? Couldn't you run some creative plays against the Illinois St's of the world to give your guys some game reps to make them more comfortable with those plays instead of waiting until the biggest game to unveil them? Or even better, couldn't you run a variation of those plays (what happened to delta formation???) against SDSU?

Personally I think we're giving them too much credit to say they're holding things back for SDSU. In 2019 they had the most unimaginative offensive game plan of the entire season against SDSU and that was with Trey Lance.
    Yeah I don’t really buy it myself, just thinking of the possibilities. The part I don’t get is why Valpo was our most creatively called game of the season. Not talking about success, because that obviously had much more to do with who the opponent was, but I mean we went from not wanting to put stuff on tape, to putting everything on tape in a game we were going to win no matter what, back to wanting to put nothing on tape again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Yeah I don’t really buy it myself, just thinking of the possibilities. The part I don’t get is why Valpo was our most creatively called game of the season. Not talking about success, because that obviously had much more to do with who the opponent was, but I mean we went from not wanting to put stuff on tape, to putting everything on tape in a game we were going to win no matter what, back to wanting to put nothing on tape again.
    I think it's because our OC goes into a shell calling plays when the chips are down. Maybe I'm being too hard on Roehl and maybe it's just that Quincy doesn't have the ability to consistently get first downs with his arm but when you can bank on a QB run on pretty much every 3rd down and medium or less (especially in the redzone) it goes beyond not wanting to put stuff on tape. With the way the Bison defense was playing against a toothless ISUr offense today once they got up by 2 scores it would've been a great opportunity against a solid defense for them to experiment with calling a game more like the opponent is Valpo... throw some trickeration in there and try to break some tendencies. You couldn't do any worse than 3 redzone possessions with zero points like they had in the 2nd/3rd quarters.

Here’s the thing—if one has any legit common sense and something doesn’t feel right, go with conman sense.

Right now, our offense is non-sense. It really is.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.