Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-R Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-R Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    Who bitches more NDSU after a win or the undies after they lose?
    Bison fans clearly.

Are we too hard on the team? Probably. But as long as we peak late in the year and keep winning I'm cool with it

QP2 had some good quotes after the game

Patterson says to be patient.

"We're not even close to where we should be or where we will be," he said. "I feel like that's a scary thing for opposing teams and a good thing for us. When we start clicking and our defense keeps doing what they're doing, it'll be 70-0 games. It'll be scary. Period."

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

C’mon man, we ain’t bitchin, this is constructive criticism!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    C’mon man, we ain’t bitchin, this is constructive criticism!
    Truth—and I’m tired of the 3-4 D excuse. We’ve seen it for 10 years—meaning the 3-4
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Bison fans clearly.

Are we too hard on the team? Probably. But as long as we peak late in the year and keep winning I'm cool with it

QP2 had some good quotes after the game

Patterson says to be patient.

"We're not even close to where we should be or where we will be," he said. "I feel like that's a scary thing for opposing teams and a good thing for us. When we start clicking and our defense keeps doing what they're doing, it'll be 70-0 games. It'll be scary. Period."
    That actually sounds like he is a better practice player than in-game player, and maybe he is that.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    20-0 is a good win and we still haven’t shown our whole playbook on film.
    We need to find a better word. There is no more film!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    That actually sounds like he is a better practice player than in-game player, and maybe he is that.
    To me he looks like the best player on the team and is winning despite our offensive coordinator

He's really only had 1 fall camp and 6 games. He didn't even have a redshirt year just practice squad in the spring. I've seen improvements all over the place, especially running the football and feeling pressure. He's going to be one of the greats when he leaves here.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    To me he looks like the best player on the team and is winning despite our offensive coordinator

He's really only had 1 fall camp and 6 games. He didn't even have a full redshirt year just practice squad. I've seen improvements all over the place, especially running the football and feeling pressure. He's going to be one of the greats when he leaves here
    Totally agree. Our fan base is totally spoiled. This is a very good team.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Totally agree. Our fan base is totally spoiled. This is a very good team.
    When you see Trey Lance go 16 games without a pick, that's to be expected. That will never happen again in our lifetime. I can't even play a season of Madden and throw zero picks

People forget Easton was terrible throwing the ball his 1st 2 years and he had a full redshirt year. QP2 has 6 games and a covid redshirt year

The biggest issue is the OL. The OL was bad last spring and worse to start this year. Thank God they are starting to gel, and Westberg looks like he might just keep the starting center job. Cody Mauch is playing much, much better, and Cordell Volson is looking like he might get drafted next spring.

We are so spoiled. When was the last time we didn't have an NFL caliber OL guy or two on our OL? Looks like Dillon Radunz will start tomorrow. Joe Haeg is PFF's highest ranked OL for the Steelers. Billy Turner is still mauling. Zach Johnson is still on a practice squad I think. Tanner Volson was a great player and was in an NFL camp.

This OL is getting better but they are by no means the dominating force we are accustomed to. I think our coaches are going through an adjustment period. I know Entz has never seen an OL this weak since he has been here.

Put QP and the boys behind the OL that Lance played behind and it's a different story. This is why Kobe Johnson went from being the electric freshman to a RB who is now struggling.

I think we have some great young linemen who will give the Bison a dominating line again as soon as next year, but this year is going to continue to be a challenge, and every offensive player is affected by this enormous issue.

Be that as it may, I don't know if advancing to the playoffs is really possible when you have a pair of the best TE's in the country and you don't use them, and I could write an entire essay decrying all the rank stupidity being displayed by this coaching staff this year.

Isn't there anyone in administration or even football alumni who can get these guys ear and confront them about the decisions being made on offense?

Championship level defense
    Semifinalist level special teams
    1st round level offense
    First team out of the playoffs level coaching

This team is what it is. Is QP all of sudden a more accurate passer? Most times you would say it’s possible, if there are higher % routes in the gameplan, but he seems to be worse with those easier throws. Will TR figure anything out? Doubtful.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!