Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TV for MBB and WBB

Default Re: TV for MBB and WBB

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yeah that was a MTE that wasn't a sanctioned Summit League tournament, just like any other MTE the broadcast rights are up to the tournament organizers/facility. The Pentagon decided to exclusively broadcast that on Midco, the Summit League had no say since it wasn't a Summit League tournament. The only games that could be affected are non-conference home games but as I said before WDAY is an ABC affiliate, nearly every sporting event broadcast on ABC is also on ESPN+ or ESPN3, I would assume NDSU games would fall under that umbrella but I guess I could be wrong. This could also be just an additional option, if people have the WDAY extra service for high school football but no ESPN+ they wouldn't have to get the additional service to stream the games.
    Even with my comments above, I could see many non-con home games not being streamed or put on some shitty WDAY firewall. It is what it is.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Even with my comments above, I could see many non-con home games not being streamed or put on some shitty WDAY firewall. It is what it is.
    Sad part is it wouldn't shock me either, thankfully for me personally I'm a season ticket holder and I'll be there in person so I won't be affected but certainly doesn't help the cause for growing the fan base for these teams that's for sure.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Can someone confirm if they can be used by downloading the WDAY app from the Roku store? It has a tab for xtra
    Last year I downloaded this and for the first time started to be able to watch the xtra programming. Hoping that if the Bison show up there that it will work again for me.

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So will the games be on ESPN+ or not? It not, that is a major screw up in my opinion on both NDSU and WDAY's part. Why is it so hard to get this answer?

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    So will the games be on ESPN+ or not? It not, that is a major screw up in my opinion on both NDSU and WDAY's part. Why is it so hard to get this answer?
    All we know with some certainty, is Summit games will; we still don't know about non-Summit games since they would not fall under that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Last year I downloaded this and for the first time started to be able to watch the xtra programming. Hoping that if the Bison show up there that it will work again for me.
    Thanks for the tip....I just added that in my Roku app....super easy. It does show Xtra and I was able to watch what was on there at the moment. I do think I heard you have to pay for it somehow, but that wouldn't really bother me.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

on gobison.com I was surprised to see all home men's and women's bb games showing WDAY extra as an option. Not surprised on women's on non-conference but I am surprised that men's conference would be since it's reportedly going to be on ESPN+.

Maybe that will change later. On a positive note, it appears to me I'll be able to watch all home games (ESPN+ and/or WDAY extra) and all conference away games (ESPN+...we think).

TSCF....I know you were worried about fire walls and streaming, but it looks like I can watch Extra from my Roku app, so that shouldn't be a problem unless I'm missing something.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I emailed Wes Offerman about it and he said that WDAY is providing their broadcast feeds for all their games to ESPN. He's not sure if it'll be ESPN+ or ESPN3 but you should be able to get all NDSU home games on one of them if you're out of market for WDAY/WDAY Xtra.

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    on gobison.com I was surprised to see all home men's and women's bb games showing WDAY extra as an option. Not surprised on women's on non-conference but I am surprised that men's conference would be since it's reportedly going to be on ESPN+.

Maybe that will change later. On a positive note, it appears to me I'll be able to watch all home games (ESPN+ and/or WDAY extra) and all conference away games (ESPN+...we think).

TSCF....I know you were worried about fire walls and streaming, but it looks like I can watch Extra from my Roku app, so that shouldn't be a problem unless I'm missing something.
    Wait, WDAY Extra has a Roku app? Didn’t know that.

Quote Originally Posted by professor chaos View Post
    i emailed wes offerman about it and he said that wday is providing their broadcast feeds for all their games to espn. He's not sure if it'll be espn+ or espn3 but you should be able to get all ndsu home games on one of them if you're out of market for wday/wday xtra.
    most important post of the thread. Please read.