Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TV for MBB and WBB

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default TV for MBB and WBB

I sure hope there's more to the TV schedule than WDAY Xtra. What the he$$ is that? There better be ESPN+ for all our games, or its going to be pretty worthless for those of us out of the area. Midco games always has ESPN+, WDAY better have the same. Anybody in the know?

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: TV for MBB and WBB

I would bet anything that WDAY will keep everything on their own platform to try and force Bison fans to subscribe. Those of us fans that are outside of the area and have been able to get our Bison coverage via ESPN+ will get screwed.

Can someone confirm if they can be used by downloading the WDAY app from the Roku store? It has a tab for xtra

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

WDAY is an ABC station, ABC and ESPN are owned by the same broadcast company, I would think the games would be available on both options but that's just a guess. I don't think people outside of the valley would have any access if it was on WDAY exclusively so still being available on ESPN+ or ESPN3 would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    WDAY is an ABC station, ABC and ESPN are owned by the same broadcast company, I would think the games would be available on both options but that's just a guess. I don't think people outside of the valley would have any access if it was on WDAY exclusively so still being available on ESPN+ or ESPN3 would make sense.
    I sure thought the Summit had a ESPN deal where basically guaranteed all the games on there. I'd be shocked if they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I sure thought the Summit had a ESPN deal where basically guaranteed all the games on there. I'd be shocked if they are not.
    If I recall the last time we all freaked out about the WDAY contract and basketball we found this was the case. The Summit has an agreement with ESPN+ or something. I don't remember the details but it was confirmed bball will stream on ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    If I recall the last time we all freaked out about the WDAY contract and basketball we found this was the case. The Summit has an agreement with ESPN+ or something. I don't remember the details but it was confirmed bball will stream on ESPN+
    Thanks everyone, great input!

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Thanks everyone, great input!
    I think it's mentioned in the video in this link - https://www.inforum.com/sports/70269...ison-athletics

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I think it's mentioned in the video in this link - https://www.inforum.com/sports/70269...ison-athletics
    It does not answer my question. Will games be carried beyond wday xtra, on ESPN+.

I thought Dom said something about it on his show shortly after the new agreement was announced back in May but I don't remember now. My hazy recollection was he said that basketball games would only be streamable from Inforum but would be free OTA on WDAY Extra (which doesn't help those outside of the ND-ABC markets).

It does make me nervous that WDAY has their own streaming service (that isn't very cheap given the lack of content on it right now - although it does call out high school sports specifically): https://www.inforum.com/promos?id=wdaysportsplus