Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TV for MBB and WBB

Default Re: TV for MBB and WBB

to grow basketball. Bally Sports north is needed or Broadcast.
    Wday Xtra reaches fargo metro that's it
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    to grow basketball. Bally Sports north is needed or Broadcast.
    Wday Xtra reaches fargo metro that's it
    ESPN+/ESPN3 is much more widely available than Bally Sports North, which isn’t currently carried by most providers, and Bally is blacked out for me. If you are a streamer, I’d much rather pay for ESPN+ and get 100s of games vs paying for Bally and get the Bison and maybe a few games.

10 years ago Bally/FSNorth might have been the ticket, but not in 2021. Very limited reach. Bally’s only boost is the Twins, but there’s MLB ways to stream the twins without full Bally purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    ESPN+/ESPN3 is much more widely available than Bally Sports North, which isn’t currently carried by most providers, and Bally is blacked out for me. If you are a streamer, I’d much rather pay for ESPN+ and get 100s of games vs paying for Bally and get the Bison and maybe a few games.

10 years ago Bally/FSNorth might have been the ticket, but not in 2021. Very limited reach. Bally’s only boost is the Twins, but there’s MLB ways to stream the twins without full Bally purchase.
    Yep, Chapo is living in the past. ESPN is where we need to be. Again, I'd still be shocked if they are not on there; I can't imagine WDAY standing in the way of that, lest they want to be have "Flosports" crap slinged at them after Dom ripped them to shreds over the Towson nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    I would bet anything that WDAY will keep everything on their own platform to try and force Bison fans to subscribe. Those of us fans that are outside of the area and have been able to get our Bison coverage via ESPN+ will get screwed.
    I would hope Ndsu would agree to have as many on Espn+ as possible with that contract

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    It does not answer my question. Will games be carried beyond wday xtra, on ESPN+.
    In the video in the link I shared above at 14:30 they say that both Football and Basketball have streaming contracts outside of WDAY and those rights are still owned by Bison Sports Properties.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    In the video in the link I shared above at 14:30 they say that both Football and Basketball have streaming contracts outside of WDAY and those rights are still owned by Bison Sports Properties.
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. I wish I could find a link, but as I mentioned, there is some kind of Summit deal with ESPN for streaming and doubt WDAY can block that.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. I wish I could find a link, but as I mentioned, there is some kind of Summit deal with ESPN for streaming and doubt WDAY can block that.
    So the only issue for you may be non conference games, right? Similar to the sioux falls tourney last year being only on midco?

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    So the only issue for you may be non conference games, right? Similar to the sioux falls tourney last year being only on midco?
    The tournament was also on ESPN+.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    The tournament was also on ESPN+.
    I think he's talking about the "Dakota Showcase" deal they did at the Pentagon in Sioux Falls last December where all the Dakota schools played each other in non-conference games.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think he's talking about the "Dakota Showcase" deal they did at the Pentagon in Sioux Falls last December where all the Dakota schools played each other in non-conference games.
    Yeah that was a MTE that wasn't a sanctioned Summit League tournament, just like any other MTE the broadcast rights are up to the tournament organizers/facility. The Pentagon decided to exclusively broadcast that on Midco, the Summit League had no say since it wasn't a Summit League tournament. The only games that could be affected are non-conference home games but as I said before WDAY is an ABC affiliate, nearly every sporting event broadcast on ABC is also on ESPN+ or ESPN3, I would assume NDSU games would fall under that umbrella but I guess I could be wrong. This could also be just an additional option, if people have the WDAY extra service for high school football but no ESPN+ they wouldn't have to get the additional service to stream the games.