Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FCS playoff expansion?? hahahaha

Default Re: FCS playoff expansion?? hahahaha

further evidence that the FCS is #ELITE football. We take the playoffs super duper seriously. Only a select few of #ELITE programs, who take football super duper seriously can pass the gauntlet that is the regular season, and graduate to the #ELITE playoffs.

Honestly any of the team in the FCS playoffs could probably win the ACC with the exception of Clemson.

Im just so proud to associate our football program with these other, nationally respected, football TITANS of the FCS.

What an incredible subdivision. Lets definitely stay here for as long as possible.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    How many D1 basketball teams are there. How many make the tourney? Bet it’s a lower ratio than FCS teams that make the FCS playoffs
    TOTAL TEAMS PLAYOFF SPOTS PERCENT
    350 68 19.42
    125 24 19.2

Not Including Ivy league
    117 24 20.5

Not Including Ivy League and SWAC
    105 24 22.8

Not Including Ivy League, SWAC, and MEAC*
    099 24 24.2

*I forgot how fricken complicated this gets because MEAC members can go to the FCS playoffs as an "at-large" but not the conference champion so most of the time they don't get invited.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    TOTAL TEAMS PLAYOFF SPOTS PERCENT
    350 68 19.42
    125 24 19.2

Not Including Ivy league
    117 24 20.5

Not Including Ivy League and SWAC
    105 24 22.8

Not Including Ivy League, SWAC, and MEAC
    99 24 24.2

I forgot how fricken complicated this gets...
    This is such an ELITE playoff format, I'm sure the CFP will totally be copying us soon, as we are a completely respectable, not at all embarrassing, subdivision of football
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    *I forgot how fricken complicated this gets because MEAC members can go to the FCS playoffs as an "at-large" but not the conference champion so most of the time they don't get invited.
    So can the SWAC members just not the teams playing in the SWAC Championship Game or Grambling and Southern since those games are played during the playoffs.

EDIT: Well, and I guess that list this year includes Prairie View A&M, Alabama St, and Mississippi Valley St so might as well be no SWAC teams since any team not in that group that's anywhere near good enough to be considered for an at-large probably still won't know if they're SWAC title game bound or not by Selection Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So can the SWAC members just not the teams playing in the SWAC Championship Game or Grambling and Southern since those games are played during the playoffs.

EDIT: Well, and I guess that list this year includes Prairie View A&M, Alabama St, and Mississippi Valley St so might as well be no SWAC teams since any team not in that group that's anywhere near good enough to be considered for an at-large probably still won't know if they're SWAC title game bound or not by Selection Sunday.
    Teams in the SWAC are allowed to go to the playoffs, much like I am free to go to the moon
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Can we leave FCS now?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Can we leave FCS now?
    And get left out of a 4-team "playoff" when we go undefeated in the MAC?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    And get left out of a 4-team "playoff" when we go undefeated in the MAC?
    Yes.
    Absolutely yes. I mean, holy shit, yes
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Yes.
    Absolutely yes. I mean, holy shit, yes
    I'm with you on this one.

I don't care one lick about FBS playoffs and personally it doesn't factor in on my desire to be or not be in the FBS.

A couple years ago it did. Not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Teams in the SWAC are allowed to go to the playoffs, much like I am free to go to the moon
    We are sending 90 year old actors to space now, though, so there’s a chance.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie