Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Recruiting Updates

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2023 Recruiting Updates

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    With as many portal entries we have lost, there is probably more money available than they expected for the late signing period. It will be interesting to see how many guys they sign on signing day in February. Also will more interesting to see if we bring in some experience at some of the positions we lost upperclassmen too.

I think you could see portal kids at CB, Safety, and possibly RB. I would also like to think they could be in the market for a WR or DT, but we do return a lot of players at those positions. Also have some youth that are highly touted waiting in the wings at both spots. Maybe a TE is another position you could add a portal kid at.
    Would think they are all set at DT with both Moestarts and Darriet returning, as well as Duttenhefer and Huisman getting a ton of snaps this yr. Could be wrong though.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    New 2023 NDSU Offer

Vuciri Hakim
    @HakimVuciri
    Shanley ‘23 • 6’5”

Hasn’t played football very long, lots of potential there at WR, or TE if he outgrows WR.
    Looked good in the playoffs for Shanley and their passing offense, on their way to the State Championship. QB Michael Rostberg also a FCS talent, is committed to St Thomas.

Senior Season Highlights
    48 Rec 802 Receiving Yards 9 Tds
    Second Team All-State
    11AA State Champions

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1336908...ece80ba84a5de6

Brian Shawn - Midco Sports
    @BShawnMidco.

@shanleyfootball
    6'5" wide receiver commits to the Fighting Hawks. Intriguing prospect...

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Would think they are all set at DT with both Moestarts and Darriet returning, as well as Duttenhefer and Huisman getting a ton of snaps this yr. Could be wrong though.
    Completely agree. Same with wr, everybody back plus two big time recruits from last year to add to the mix.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Completely agree. Same with wr, everybody back plus two big time recruits from last year to add to the mix.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Name a difference maker at WR? Yes we have potential waiting in the wings. If they aren't ready, what do we have? We had 2 transfer out in Sproles and Hart. I think you need to bring in at least one upper class man that can compete. Can't keep replacing experience with inexperience.

I agree that we probably are set at DT. But none of them are really run stopping DTs with some size to anchor against the run.

My point if we have open scholarships that will be filled. You need to bring in some players with that have some college snaps under their belt. Can't keep filling with freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Eli should be good. They have to decide if Will is going to be a 260 DE or bulk him up to Eli's 280

Derrit is due for a big season since its his last. Duttenhefer should improve after another year but both are a bit undersized

I'm hoping some of these younger guys like Huisman or the true freshman can beef up their frames

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Kid plays fast

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Name a difference maker at WR? Yes we have potential waiting in the wings. If they aren't ready, what do we have? We had 2 transfer out in Sproles and Hart. I think you need to bring in at least one upper class man that can compete. Can't keep replacing experience with inexperience.

I agree that we probably are set at DT. But none of them are really run stopping DTs with some size to anchor against the run.

My point if we have open scholarships that will be filled. You need to bring in some players with that have some college snaps under their belt. Can't keep filling with freshman.
    Some keep saying they want a big NT to plug the middle. Tanguay, Perry, Drevlow and others I can't think of right now were all pretty much the same size/weight as Eli Moestart and Darriet. I'm sure the other 3 that got snaps this yr will be that weight as well by next fall.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Originally Posted by bruinbison
    New 2023 NDSU Offer

Jacob Kilzer
    @KilzerJacob
    Maple Grove HS 2023 | 6'3" 200 | GPA 3.6 Crimson QB | 6A State Runner Up | All District | ⚾️ Crimson CF/RHP | State 4th Place | Maple Grove, MN

Kilzer offered by Army last week
    Previous offers include Air Force, Minnesota (PWO), South Dakota
    Kent State offers

Originally Posted by bruinbison
    New 2023 NDSU Offer (PWO)

Darrien “Dj” Jones
    @Jones28Darrien
    6’1 195 | 3star RB⭐️⭐️⭐️| 4.57 verified 40|4.22 pro agility|34.9 vertical|3.75 GPA ‘23
    Park Hill South Highschool

UNLV now offers
    Jones commits to Las Vegas