Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
instead of you guys arguing on kelly watson's pwo thread.
lets just argue here in an overall recruiting thread.

NDSU is getting lit up by FBS teams and our Coaching Tree.

Not entirely Entz/Roehls faults, so maybe the NDSU admin could help them solve 1 of the dilemma's.

Back to Recruiting. NDSU needs to change it up a bit I'm afraid, the past 10 years NDSU has been great at grabbing the top of the FCS list and an occasional FBS flip. they don't throw out a ton of offers and want to make sure when they offer that kid commits to NDSU.

I like that theory, as do most of you. here's what I don't get. YES WE DON'T WANT NDSU OFFERING KIDS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY just cuz they are 2 & 3 stars. but by all means, all the FBS caliber kids in the 5 state region SHOULD ALL HAVE AN OFFER FROM NDSU.

make sense?
Its a balancing act. If you offer every kid, that offer becomes a lot less special or sought after.
Essentially you can turn yourself into the "safety" school offer that kids take after noone else wants them.

Need to be targeted with offers, and use them when there have been conversations and mutual interest.
I do think maybe we should be more aggressive in the portal. Lots of players still sitting there.