Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Prevent defense was an football invention of the Minnesota Vikings....how have they done ....?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Prevent defense was an football invention of the Minnesota Vikings....how have they done ....?
    Right, but Tyler is the inventor of the prevent offense and is undefeated when deploying it.
    Insert something clever here...

The 🤡 from up north took another L. Welcome to the MVC!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Special teams were excellent but for missed FG. I missed that play tho—any snap/hold issues, or unexpected D penetration?
    No he just missed it on the angle it looked good on the TV feee but it was wide left.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    9.) The prevent offense is a chess move so far above all of our heads that it just shows how TR is absolutely brilliant.
    Now thats funny. Why do all Bison coaches when the team has a fair lead go into a slow down offense instead of playing offensively? 3 offensive series 4 and out...can't get one fricken first down to keep the clock moving, or how about a screen pass or another bomb down field when they least expect it? TR is just sooo fustrating....
    Great call for early 3rd qtr td with 2 bad runs up the gut, then play action roll out to TE was perfect, they opposing teams always think we are going to pound it, and surprise. Thats a great call!
    As said earlier TR needs 4 good qtrs of play calling if we are going to be SDSU in NOV.

But a surprising 2nd half with key injured Bison D players and putting up 34 points on UNI.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

PASSING CompAtt Pct Yds TD Int QBRQuincy
    Patterson
    11-21 52.4 182 2 0 123.0
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    PASSING CompAtt Pct Yds TD Int QBRQuincy
    Patterson
    11-21 52.4 182 2 0 123.0
    I sure wish his % were better. Guys are dropping them. The ball hasn't been placed well and he's missed many by a mile. It's kinda puzzling to me, though, because he puts the ball on the money at times.
    Insert something clever here...

Mark Farley said nice things about QP passing skills. He said QP has a cannon arm, very accurate on deep throws and suspect on middle or intermediate throws.

Then he started complaining about White Hats.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I sure wish his % were better. Guys are dropping them. The ball hasn't been placed well and he's missed many by a mile. It's kinda puzzling to me, though, because he puts the ball on the money at times.
    He’s not great on boots even the td to Noah he kind of aimed it which I don’t like, I’m with Hanson on this one they need to keep doing this so QP gets better still I’ll take a game like this over anything we saw in the spring from our qbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbythelake View Post
    He’s not great on boots even the td to Noah he kind of aimed it which I don’t like, I’m with Hanson on this one they need to keep doing this so QP gets better still I’ll take a game like this over anything we saw in the spring from our qbs
    Phil Hansen said on the radio, there is some confusion with WRs route running and QP. They are not on the same page.