Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Yes, it was painful. It looked like he was terrified to make a mistake. He kind of alluded to that (although not necessarily regarding that specfic play) in the postgame presser.
    To me, that throw showed some insight.....he knows he was missing the easy ones, and Gindy was so wide open, he took his time and made sure he did not screw it up. I got zero issues with that.

As as been said my many, I'm betting he can still improve. I'm sure Coach Hedberg is going to deep dive into tape, and watch footwork, etc. He starts connecting on those 10-20 yard passes like Easton and Trey, and we will start steam rolling teams. As it currently stands, we can win this way, just like when Easton was a Freshman when Carson was hurt.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Im talking about his effort to throw the long ball. Zero commentary about accuracy. Looks effortless to him. Gotta wonder how far can he actually launch one.
    I bet he can throw it over them mountains.

When QP turned up field and turned on the jets he is a dangerous runner you keep him running laterally he's not so much. Glad to see him turn it up field a few times yesterday such as that option play with luepke thought for sure he was going to pitch it but he put his foot in the ground turned it upfield and got a good 7-8 yards IIRC.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

We have a QB who can throw effortlessly. We have a 6'.5" WR Watson with a potential Senior Bowl invitation on the line, talented TEs and a OLine that can block Bryce Paup's DLine that can bench 500lbs and squat 700lbs.

If our OC calls running plays like he did against UND he should resign, he is doing a disservice to the university and these kids.

Quote Originally Posted by 123gobison View Post
    mark farley said nice things about qp passing skills. He said qp has a cannon arm, very accurate on deep throws and suspect on middle or intermediate throws.

Then he started complaining about white hats.
    is there any link to farleys postgame presser?

Love the post game pressers too. Did anyone post last weeks? Appreciate if you did or would again

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Top of pole is in
    Agreed top of the pole is in but only the ref can say if it’s in since he is supposed to be tracking it straight up the pole, as I said it looked good on the TV feed as terrible as that crew was it doesn’t surprise me they blew a basic call. WDAY didn’t have a good enough shot to overturn it.

That happens and thankfully didn’t cost us the game but Sapp’s missed headshot could have seriously injured Watson or himself that is inexcusable for being missed on replay and that official should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    is there any link to farleys postgame presser?
    I heard this live on radio. Usually they post the recorded version around Thursday after the game on their oprnation website. So I think this not available yet.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Plenty of room for improvement, but loving the make up of this team and especially the defense. It wins championships! QP is 5-0 as a starter, that’s all that matters. Just win baby!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    QP isn't going to be Trey Lance....but he doesn't have to be. I think he's still improving and has the potential to be pretty darn good. Pretty darn good with his ability to run means a lot of wins for a team built like this.
    I think hes already one of the best QB in FCS