Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

To be fair, it did go right through Mathis’ hands. 6’5” or not, he still should have caught it. If he did then he would have about as many receptions as Sproles. Call it a long shot but me thinks the NFL is not in his future. That’s fine because very few have that to look forward to.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Had there been a reason for the throw to be high, I’d say they both were responsible for incompletion, but I didn’t see a reason for a high ball on that throw nor several others.

Some people just lack innate feel/touch, whether throwing a football, chipping a golf ball or dead-dropping a volleyball over the net. Hopefully that’s not the case with QP.
    For sure QPII touch is suspect but in this particular instance, in my very questionable personal opinion, Mathis had both hands on the ball and he was not being brutally assaulted at that instant. I think he should have caught it.

Not that I could. Shit, I couldn’t get up that high with a twenty foot ladder but then, he’s an athlete and I’m just a fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I’ll play. NDSU?

Pollsters are still in love with EWU, don't forget.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I literally checked the gamecast once on ESPN which was the exact moment we called a TO with 22 seconds left in the first half so we could kick a FG and give the other team the ball back. If it hasn’t occurred to you that we’ve assembled the greatest collection of idiots disguised as coaches than I’m sorry for you.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For sure QPII touch is suspect but in this particular instance, in my very questionable personal opinion, Mathis had both hands on the ball and he was not being brutally assaulted at that instant. I think he should have caught it.

There is a difference between catching a high ball with touch versus a high ball with velocity. Even the Manning brothers have discussed that on Monday night football and blamed the QB. I believe that one was a high ball with velocity. As CAS said some just never develop that talent. I can thing of way more that don’t than do but one recent nFL example that has is Josh Allen.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    I literally checked the gamecast once on ESPN which was the exact moment we called a TO with 22 seconds left in the first half so we could kick a FG and give the other team the ball back. If it hasn’t occurred to you that we’ve assembled the greatest collection of idiots disguised as coaches than I’m sorry for you.
    Hey at least they didn't go for 2 in overtime at home down 1.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    There is a difference between catching a high ball with touch versus a high ball with velocity. Even the Manning brothers have discussed that on Monday night football and blamed the QB. I believe that one was a high ball with velocity. As CAS said some just never develop that talent. I can thing of way more that don’t than do but one recent nFL example that has is Josh Allen.
    Yeah, I should watch it again probably. My recollection (highly suspect) is that the velocity was not that high since there were no flames behind the ball. But your point is good. I will rewatch. I have to keep in mind that I’m not watching an NFL player. In that context I would expect any receiver who gets two hands on the ball to catch it.

Maybe they use more stickem. /purple/

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Hey at least they didn't go for 2 in overtime at home down 1.
    Is that worse than going for it at home on 4th and 1 from your own 20 with the lead? Asking for a senile friend.

Steindorf punted well again today.

Despite having the largest cumulatively sized O-Line I've ever seen.....UNI surrendered 5 QB sacks.

Feet get happy as the clock ticks.

That is only early in the game when he is a bit nervous. After few plays I think he is fine.