Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

When was the last time any team beat UNI 8 times in row? Gonna guess it hasn't happened post WW2.... until now.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Accuracy is harder than u think to fix. Lots of college QBs with big arms over the years have never fixed it. Kind of like a power pitcher that’s throws 100 but keeps hitting the center of the plate instead of his target towards the edges and never becomes a good pitcher as a result and there have been lots of them.
    If his calves were bigger, he'd have accuracy. Everyone knows that.

Default UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Steindorf punted well again today.

Despite having the largest cumulatively sized O-Line I've ever seen.....UNI surrendered 5 QB sacks.
    The special people were pretty solid as a whole. Perfect? No. But very solid and just, ah, special.

Our D is evidently comprised of a bunch of bad asses. (Who gave up 20. Oooo, I bet they’re pissed)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yeah, I should watch it again probably. My recollection (highly suspect) is that the velocity was not that high since there were no flames behind the ball. But your point is good. I will rewatch. I have to keep in mind that I’m not watching an NFL player. In that context I would expect any receiver who gets two hands on the ball to catch it.

Maybe they use more stickem. /purple/

Maybe TR/Entz should give QP a chance early game on some simple, basic passes. Feels like if he had some success, he may get over what is causing over-throws/floaters, which I think may still be apprehension/lack of confidence more than lack of ability.

The TD pass to TE is an example of the play/pass I’m suggesting. Might only go for 3-4 yards, but still builds confidence and rhythm early.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    QP does have a cannon but a cannon without accuracy is not good. This was my worry about him coming in. QP is a nice QB but we will see if we can win a title with a guy completing 50%. He lacks great touch on the short throws as he throws them high and with speed which is really hard for the WR to catch. I mean he even overthrew Mathis on an easy throw and that is nearly impossible to do.
    Josh Allen had similar issues. He had a great arm but questionable accuracy coming out of college. I think QP will be fine, he needs to work with Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    If his calves were bigger, he'd have accuracy. Everyone knows that.
    Better connects the lower half to the ground. Developes greater torque. All results in improved accuracy. Basic physics really.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Maybe TR/Entz should give QP a chance early game on some simple, basic passes. Feels like if he had some success, he may get over what is causing over-throws/floaters, which I think may still be apprehension/lack of confidence more than lack of ability.

The TD pass to TE is an example of the play/pass I’m suggesting. Might only go for 3-4 yards, but still builds confidence and rhythm early.
    I agree with all of this.

Do you have their email addresses by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Better connects the lower half to the ground. Developes greater torque. All results in improved accuracy. Basic physics really.
    So many assumptions grasshopper. What about the cleat/turf interface?

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A lot of good plays were made and a good win. However:
    Refs were terrible and missed 10 holding calls in the first quarter.
    Replay officials are obviously retarded. Not sure who can fire them.
    Announcers who I have liked all year were terrible today and should at least learn the rule book.
    Entz TO at the end of the first half again retarded.
    Defense struggled against a good receiver. Will need to get that fixed if they can.
    Defense line was good at times, but were crushed at times defending the run. Maybe UNI is that good not sure yet.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    A lot of good plays were made and a good win. However:
    Refs were terrible and missed 10 holding calls in the first quarter.
    Replay officials are obviously retarded. Not sure who can fire them.
    Announcers who I have liked all year were terrible today and should at least learn the rule book.
    Entz TO at the end of the first half again retarded.
    Defense struggled against a good receiver. Will need to get that fixed if they can.
    Defense line was good at times, but were crushed at times defending the run. Maybe UNI is that good not sure yet.
    Dom kept interrupting , and they both sucked, so they probably should have just played the radio call over the TV broadcast so we can all enjoy Phil yelling about shit like an old man getting pissed at kids on his lawn.