Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I do like holding Luepke until later in the game. Yes for the last two weeks he has done the most damage out of the RB's. But I really like holding onto him until the other team is starting to lose a step and then we send our tank through the line to blow them apart.
    Maybe somebody can confirm this but I think they are holding him till the end cause his shoulder is maybe still bothering him. I notice they are not handing it off to him but rather pitching it to him and they explained in the spring that they had to do that because of his shoulder. Can anybody confirm.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    CAS is almost happy... This can't be good
    I usually have you blocked, but made an exception today.

I absolutely love college football and my Fall Saturdays are otherwise unproductive as a result. I watch multiple games, do some studying in schemes, watch for talent and enjoy the hell out of it. It’s an escape from reality for me in a way.

And, when NDSU plays well, the better my day.

Wish the TV coverage was better pre-snap so I could see entire field and pre-snap coverage look tho.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Maybe somebody can confirm this but I think they are holding him till the end cause his shoulder is maybe still bothering him. I notice they are not handing it off to him but rather pitching it to him and they explained in the spring that they had to do that because of his shoulder. Can anybody confirm.
    Confirmed for Spring, but think they learned that it’s an effective way to get him the ball with momentum even when not injured. Nebraska ran the the RB toss/pitch very effectively with Rozier back in their heydays!

Many high schools still run it, but more outside, and calling it student body” (or something similar) left or right, depending on play direction. The “student body” reference is to everyone and their uncle going/blocking in direction of play, including even the QB if he (s/he?) can somehow get out in front of the play.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    They give him traditional hand offs and shotgun read gives.. he’s fine Omar Brown was tackling him by the head and he got up just fine. If the shoulder was bothering him he would a avoid the contact and I don’t see that so my guess is Hunters shoulder is better than Doms ankle.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbythelake View Post
    They give him traditional hand offs and shotgun read gives.. he’s fine Omar Brown was tackling him by the head and he got up just fine. If the shoulder was bothering him he would a avoid the contact and I don’t see that so my guess is Hunters shoulder is better than Doms ankle.
    Are you just by a lake or by multiple lakes.

Asking for a friend.

Lardsin must go!

He isn’t Jensen, Wentz, Stick or Lance….

But I think QP2 is playing well enough to get this team on a deep playoff run.

There is a lot of good teams in the FCS this year, and I think NDSU’s ceiling is as high as any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

I absolutely love college football and my Fall Saturdays are otherwise unproductive as a result. I watch multiple games, do some studying in schemes, watch for talent and enjoy the hell out of it. It’s an escape from reality for me in a way.

Wish the TV coverage was better pre-snap so I could see entire field and pre-snap coverage look tho.
    It's all good man. Sounds like why most all of us are here. Although I'd appreciate more calf close ups. Different strokes, different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Are you just by a lake or by multiple lakes.

Asking for a friend.
    I’m by a really big lake some would even call it a Great Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbythelake View Post
    I’m by a really big lake some would even call it a Great Lake.
    Is there a nearby convenience store that sells punctuation marks?
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

I agree CAS. In fact if memory serves me correct we used to run similar plays when Roehl was in the backfield. Well then I guess I can’t explain why he isn’t in the backfield a little more earlier in the game cause he is very productive but then again I can’t figure out why we don’t use swing passes to our backs more often.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.