Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Wow.... sign of the times I guess. Thought their new guy was a big upgrade. Wouldn't expect McElvain to see the starting spot again so if playing time is more important to him than his current team I guess it justifies his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I can see why Day is starting. I wouldn't go back. The only way Day is not your starter is if he is in the hospital because that o- line is slow.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Need Indy to officially rule on this. No call of targeting on play. Replay review indicated the no call stands.

Sorry I have to share echhhfrth8s tweeter machine.

https://twitter.com/McFeely_Inforum/...JtRyExBfw&s=19

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Indy you missed your bat signal this morning!

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...477547014?s=20

Matt Entz says he heard from the Valley office and was told the “no targeting call” was “incorrect.”

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

ByeSonBusiness digs his trench deeper

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wow.... sign of the times I guess. Thought their new guy was a big upgrade. Wouldn't expect McElvain to see the starting spot again so if playing time is more important to him than his current team I guess it justifies his decision.
    I'm guessing he's not even practicing with UNI now if he's already in the portal?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    ByeSonBusiness digs his trench deeper
    He'll find something else to troll about.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Had there been a reason for the throw to be high, I’d say they both were responsible for incompletion, but I didn’t see a reason for a high ball on that throw nor several others.

Some people just lack innate feel/touch, whether throwing a football, chipping a golf ball or dead-dropping a volleyball over the net. Hopefully that’s not the case with QP.
    We could use him on the VB team!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Interesting... today I learned that this uprights extended rule is different between the NFL and college. I always assumed both had the same rule where if the ball passes inside of the outside edge of the uprights extended it's a good FG but that's only the case in the NFL. In college it is like you say where the entire ball has to pass inside of the inside edge of the uprights extended.
    Never assume NFL, NCAA and high school have the same rules. Even when they are similar they are worded differently.

As for the non call on the TGT the main question is if he lowered his head and led with the crown. Is the crown only the top of the helmet or just including part of the top.

I have run this by several experienced officials I know and the response is mixed. A lot of that has to do with what their conference is advising on how much of the crown needs to be involved. Steve Shaw, head of the CFO (organization intended to coordinate rule interpretations and mechanics across all conferences) has directed the forehead area above the facemask is considered part of the crown. You can definitely argue that part of the helmet was involved but it was mostly facemask with that part of the helmet as well.

This action is dangerous even if the crown wasn't involved and safety fouls are supposed to err on the side of foul. This wasn't a 100%-OMG-someone-needs-to-be-fired kind of play. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if the grader and supervisor for the MVFC felt this should have been a foul. But it also wouldn't surprise me if they supported it as well. You can justify either.

Some calls aren't absolutely right or wrong. Some are just calls. I think I've said that before.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

Some calls aren't absolutely right or wrong. Some are just calls. I think I've said that before.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So you just make it up as you go along ...

I kid, I kid.