Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Is there a nearby convenience store that sells punctuation marks?
    ain't by my lake bitch
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Accuracy is harder than u think to fix. Lots of college QBs with big arms over the years have never fixed it. Kind of like a power pitcher that’s throws 100 but keeps hitting the center of the plate instead of his target towards the edges and never becomes a good pitcher as a result and there have been lots of them.
    I used to think that until I saw Josh Allen develop into a very accurate QB. Josh couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at Wyoming

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    To be fair, it did go right through Mathis’ hands. 6’5” or not, he still should have caught it. If he did then he would have about as many receptions as Sproles. Call it a long shot but me thinks the NFL is not in his future. That’s fine because very few have that to look forward to.
    If you get both hands on it, its accurate enough and you should catch it

People bitching about his accuracy also fail to acknowledge he had another game without a pick.

Last year our QBs threw more picks than TDs and none of them, including Trey Lance in his 1 game, completed more than 51%. of their passes

QP2 is a special QB with elite skills. What's scary is he can still improve so much and his ceiling is unlimited.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Need Indy to officially rule on this. No call of targeting on play. Replay review indicated the no call stands.

Sorry I have to share echhhfrth8s tweeter machine.

https://twitter.com/McFeely_Inforum/...JtRyExBfw&s=19

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbythelake View Post
    No he just missed it on the angle it looked good on the TV feee but it was wide left.
    Looked good from the NW corner of the Dome too. Just glad it didn't cost them.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We sit by those goal posts. It went right over the top of the pole. Is the top of the pole in or out?
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I agree CAS. In fact if memory serves me correct we used to run similar plays when Roehl was in the backfield. Well then I guess I can’t explain why he isn’t in the backfield a little more earlier in the game cause he is very productive but then again I can’t figure out why we don’t use swing passes to our backs more often.
    Not a swing pass but I noticed the RB leaked through the OL/DL after play action twice, giving the QB a check down option, so there is some more potential there. And……both times iirc the LB’s stayed in to cover the RB up and voila, the deeper patterns were open for Quincy Patterson to hit!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

People bitching about his accuracy also fail to acknowledge he had another game without a pick.

Last year our QBs threw more picks than TDs and none of them, including Trey Lance in his 1 game, completed more than 51%. of their passes

QP2 is a special QB with elite skills. What's scary is he can still improve so much and his ceiling is unlimited.
    Our expectations at QB are so high from last two years of Senior Easton Stick and Trey Lance. QP is going to be a great QB also. There is a lot he can improve on, he doesn’t have that much game experience and I doubt if VT was working hard on development of a 3rd string QB when they recruit talent every year. I loved his quote after the game yesterday, he realizes this isn’t even close to how good they can be. Rewatched the game from yesterday and at around the 5 minute mark in 3rd quarter when he runs for 1st down on 3rd and 10. He’s moving and making defenders look bad. Reallly excited for his future.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

QPII is pretty good at taking good care of that football. Good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

My biggest problem with the play calling in the game was when we had first and goal at the six at the end of the second quarter with three time out remaining. How in the world do we not let the rams go to work and hand the ball off to the hammer #44 three times. Instead we try to get cute with three touch passes from a QB that has problems with finesse passing attempts. For gods sake look how painful that touchdown pass to Gindorff looked in the north end zone. It was as if QP was afraid to throw it for fear of messing it up, and Gindorff was WIDE open.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?