Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: State of the University address

Default State of the University address

Link below to the transcript of today's State of University address by President Bresciani.

Actually a really good read. As I read through it, I was reminded about just how solid NDSU really is and what it has accomplished. Of course, there's always going to be a good news tilt in a state of the university address. But reading this speech has boosted my optimism for NDSU's future.

Interesting side note: Bresciani ended his speech by talking about his connection to the university. He feels so strongly about NDSU, that he is leaving his entire estate to the university. That tells me that despite being a lame duck president, he is not going to be phoning it in. That bodes well for those of us hoping he might still find us a spot in FBS before he departs. He clearly still cares about the long trajectory for NDSU, even though he is stepping down. I have no doubt that a building on campus at some point will be named after him, and justifiably so. Thank you for your service, President Bresciani.

https://www.ndsu.edu/president/missi...sion/speeches/
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Default Re: State of the University address

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Link below to the transcript of today's State of University address by President Bresciani.

Actually a really good read. As I read through it, I was reminded about just how solid NDSU really is and what it has accomplished. Of course, there's always going to be a good news tilt in a state of the university address. But reading this speech has boosted my optimism for NDSU's future.

Interesting side note: Bresciani ended his speech by talking about his connection to the university. He feels so strongly about NDSU, that he is leaving his entire estate to the university. That tells me that despite being a lame duck president, he is not going to be phoning it in. That bodes well for those of us hoping he might still find us a spot in FBS before he departs. He clearly still cares about the long trajectory for NDSU, even though he is stepping down. I have no doubt that a building on campus at some point will be named after him, and justifiably so. Thank you for your service, President Bresciani.

https://www.ndsu.edu/president/missi...sion/speeches/
    Wow, that’s pretty incredible by President Bresciani! Incredibly honorable.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That is crazy and honorable. I guess he doesn't have any family to leave it to? Still sad to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    That is crazy and honorable. I guess he doesn't have any family to leave it to? Still sad to see him go.
    Maybe his family already has enough money or he thinks they don't deserve any inheritance? I'm not expecting anything from my parents because they might give everything to charities so won't be disappointed if my only inheritance is trying to clear the stuff in their house so it can be put up for sale.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Bully for him taking the high road after the fucking SBoHE did him dirty.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

He has a son, I think

So what stops NDSU from hiring a puppet and letting Bresciani rule from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    So what stops NDSU from hiring a puppet and letting Bresciani rule from the shadows
    This isn't the Russian Federation lol.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Doesn’t the SBoHE do the hiring?

If we get a puppet it’ll be theirs so boo to that idea.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Doesn’t the SBoHE do the hiring?

If we get a puppet it’ll be theirs so boo to that idea.
    "Let's hire a guy who is qualified for the position...who is willing to risk his/her good name on following orders from someone who effectively is being fired."

-some guy somewhere.
    College of Business Alumnus